London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
7 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:27
Living in The Netherlands now and just starting a small garden.
The ground is full of weeds but I am full of determination.

I want to sit outside, eat a home grown salad and enjoy looking at my flowers.

it might take a while but it will be fun, and ...you can all help me.
24/11/2011 at 15:28
As this year is my first at doing hanging baskets it is nice to see wot i need to be doing to my first year go with a bang. And a big thanks to you all for the plants i can try again thank you.
24/11/2011 at 15:28
I love the idea of using a small pot as a reservoir. Also, have never used or seen grass clippings used to line a basket. What a great and super-green idea. I'll have to try it.

I don't use water retaining crystals because they are made of polyacrylamide which, some studies have shown, is a potential carcinogen.
24/11/2011 at 15:29
As I'm quite new to this gardening malarky I'm in ever need of tips & advice so step by step directions with pictures is a great help to me. thanks :)
14/06/2012 at 22:18
Tresco Purple Osteos tend to flower well in the spring and then only one or two throughout the rest of the year ,in my experience ..but there are lots of new types out there now which may do better ....the sprawling common white one would lend itself really well to being planted up in a hanging basket . Just brought my baskets into shelter from this wild weather .( in Cornwall )
08/10/2012 at 21:12
I want to try growing hanging begionia to put in hanging basket next Summer what should I do and when should I plant them so that they are ready.
08/10/2012 at 21:33
moe2 wrote (see)
I want to try growing hanging begionia to put in hanging basket next Summer what should I do and when should I plant them so that they are ready.

Nothing at all yet-you can buy seed, corms or plants next year and start around February /March indoors

email image
7 messages