London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
4 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:29
Has anyone had any experience of growing Saffron Crocus. I have just bought some and wondered if anyone had any ideas about good companion plants. I have panted these in a large container for the present as a precaution against snails and slugs and the dreaded vine weevil - will treat the container with insecticide in due course as well as having given it a dressing of gravel.
David.
04/01/2012 at 09:29
I planted some last (as in a year before you) and have yet to see any flowers but I also have mine in a large planter. I grew a few brassica in with them with no apparent side effects. The soil I use was a basic cheap mix with a bit of perlite and a handful of slow release fert. Sorry I can't be much more help. Regards Nick
09/08/2012 at 16:22

I grew some last year in pots outside. Had brilliant leaf display last autumn but no flowers and I have yet to see anything this year? I hope they are still there.

07/12/2012 at 21:02

I did finally get a few flowers earlier this year but whether the plants have survived this years deluge remains to me seen. They may have managed tomake some bulbs despite all the odds - who knows?

email image
4 messages