London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
5 messages
07/03/2013 at 21:51
Help ! i have loads of leaves and very few flowers. What am i doing wrong?
07/03/2013 at 22:34
Could I grow twelve Lily of the Valley bulbs in a large pot and keep it from year to year?
08/03/2013 at 00:03
I think lily of the valley is a temperamental thing...it grows where IT wants to and when it chooses. It's devilishly difficult to start...it seems...and then devilishly difficult to erase. I now no longer want it..it trawls underground straying from where it once was. Ok, the question......will it grow in a pot? Not sure it will unless it's given adequate moisture without drying out and out of strong sun and if it as the will to grow in one. I will try it though when I dig up some of my clumps. Most of us struggle to grow lily of,the valley according to the info I read
08/03/2013 at 10:18

I once had a garden where lily of the valley had become a weed. But, then, I suppose weeding is just part of gardening, the process of choosing which plants one chooses to allow in one's garden.

I have read that it is best to plant them where their roots are confined and they can't spread too much and that they do fine in pots. i have no personal experience of this. They like moist soil and don't mind quite deep shade, but also survive in sun.

16/03/2013 at 22:56
Ok thanx for that ....I will plant some in a large urn and just leave them undisturbed and see what happens
email image
5 messages