Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: How to increase tomato yields

Any result for this new method? Thanks Chris.

Selim

• pauldreedpauldreed Posts: 1
    I remember seeing this video last year, but it has never been updated as a success/failure.

Did it work??
  • and the results please?
  • I feel that doing this will only make more growing points which will result in smaller fruit, not rocket science.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel.
  • Did this work out with an increased yield?
  • elementalelemental Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have tried to watch 3 different videos without success even though I have adobe flash player 11 installed. All I can see is a blank whitespace where the video should be. Can anyone advise me on a workaround?
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Hows the tomatoes coming along Verd?  fairygirls got some ripening. I think she must be next to a nuclear reactor.

• My first attempt is coming along nicely. I wittled my plants down to 2x Black Cherry, 2x gardeners delight and 2x Tigarella. They went into grow pots in grow bags, 2 per growbag, and look good. The black cherry have been the most prolific and they have a set of fruit ripening already, the other have just had their first set of flowers. 

I've got autovents on the greenhouse so hopefully i should avoid the dreaded blight, not that i would know when i got it..

First big test though as we're off on holiday for 2 weeks.. hopeing my auto waterer does the job!

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340
    elemental wrote (see)
    Hi,
    I have tried to watch 3 different videos without success even though I have adobe flash player 11 installed. All I can see is a blank whitespace where the video should be. Can anyone advise me on a workaround?

Hi elemental

Assuming you're using Internet Expolrer, I found that turning off Tracking Protection allowed me to see the videos - Click on the No Entry icon in the address bar and Turn Tracking Protection off. You can turn it back on again after the video to prevent annoying ads. Hope this helps.
    Pete

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • DelfostDelfost Posts: 27
    Get yoursel an IPad. On a more serious note, has there been an update on the video showing the results of nursing the sideshoots method?