London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
4 messages
03/11/2013 at 18:44
I grew some wallflowers from seed at the start of the year. They grew into healthy plants which I planted out in my front garden in the early summer, too late for them to flower I suppose. They have grown very bushy and still look healthy. Shall I try to plant tulip bulbs in between or should I separate them first?
03/11/2013 at 19:09

Eve - they're perennials which means that you start them off this year and they'll flower next year - in the case of wallflowers they'll flower next spring - so far it sounds as if you've done everything right 

They'd look lovely with tulips planted between them.  How do you mean - separate them?

03/11/2013 at 19:51

Don't  separate tulip bulbs Eve. ,plant them individually 5" or so deep.  Have your wallflowers flowered yet?  If not they will in spring.  Best to dig them up after flowering in spring and put something in their place for the summer.

04/11/2013 at 10:51

I planted mine now and I planted them in a deep hole and watered well,although the weather saw to that! I have spaced them well out a as they bush out,but i want a carpet affect.

email image
4 messages