London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
5 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:28
I have a large box hedge that I would like to tunr in to a cockrel - how do I set about it please.
Thanks
18/05/2012 at 19:04
Be careful - if there is any danger of frost don't cut your box hedges too early otherwise box-blight can set in and you can lose your hedge or topiary.
26/08/2012 at 16:20
I have had some box topiary for some time now and shape them once a year if i want to make them bigger ie bigger balls and shapes do i just let them grow and not trim them for a year or two
28/08/2012 at 08:05

I don't quite know where to start to advise you, but if it were mine, I would first off, check for two main sections, One for the head and the other for the tail.  Work out where half way up the bush is, this is where the head would start splitting away from the back and tail.I would tie one bundle together for one end and then begin on the other creating either the neck which would thin to the head, or the tail. work from the middle out. But please remember that one wrong snip and it will take a long time to rectify. It will take a couple of years before you get the right shape and growth. But it can be done. I tend to start from scratch. I use Lonicera nitida, much quicker growing and I place a new smallish plant inside a wire frame that i have made

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/11234.jpg?width=640&height=350&mode=max

on Lawrencia of the Lawnicus, as I have called him, I used an old rubber gardening glove as added features. 

13/06/2013 at 22:46
Backyardee I love Lawrencia! Great fun :D
email image
5 messages