Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Informal planting

WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436
Andy said "Basically, it’s like a collage of pictures stuck on a bit of paper, except I do it in Powerpoint on a computer."

It's an incredible achievement and credit to your design capabilities to be so free and still win!

A few years back, I cut up all my old gardening magazines and made collages which I still enjoy looking at(especially through the dull winter months). They really helped establish my style.

This year I have gone so far as designing my borders using hand sketches and colouring pencils as well as begining my third year photographing the successes and failures with my camera, because my designing has always been organic but also, ridiculously slow. I just take ages to decide where to put something! And only those things that get placed automatically, seem to stay put.

I use the photoes during the winter, not only to cheer me up but make corrections. Using powerpoint is a brilliant idea, especially since I cannot find a free design program on the net!

• I thought part of the chelsea submission process was to produce plans which you had to stick to in order to get the coveted gold. Have I misunderstood this?
  • kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

I also thought that they had to remain true to their original design.image Who is the paymaster?