Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Ladybird pupae

The difficulty is that new insects may be better adapted to the current and developing climate. Perhaps we should be accepting the inevitable: the future is not going to be like the past. We may need new insects. I say this with a groaning feeling - I certainly haven't enjoyed the invasion of Lily Beetle!

• oldchippyoldchippy Posts: 244
    Hi Kate If you bring plants from all over the world you some times bring all the pests as well,We will have to see what happens with the introduction of this bug that eat Japanese knot weed.I haven't found any Ladybird pupae in the garden.

Oldchippy.
  • @alittlesliceofeden - yes, I think we do need to accept change. But interesting that our native parasitoids are targeting the harlequins as well. Nature always adapts.

@oldchippy - I hope the introduction of the Japanese knotweed beetle will be successful!

Kate
  • kaycurtiskaycurtis Posts: 111
    I am really worried about all these things being introduced into this country after all so many of the plants that have been introduced have become out of conttrol and imported their own bugs that are decimating our native species, you only have to look at the grey sqirrel that is causing the demise of our own red squirrel, the Japanese knot weed, Lily beetles,rabbits,American cray fish, the harliquine Ladybird wich is killing our own native species and so much more.