London (change)
Today 17°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
3 messages
15/08/2013 at 22:22
Can I just say - I very much enjoyed reading that. Not all lawns need to be bowling greens. What you say about utility grassed areas is so true, and I've watched the change over my lifetime.
22/08/2013 at 14:15
Onne of these days I will scan and post some pictures of my karge garden with its professional gardener cared for lawns which over the years I have replaced with a slate scree for alpines, a potager for veg. a butterfly garden with a path winding through it,a bamboo grove and fernery, and, in the front garden, a shrubbery with bulbs and perennials. I do have some grass - in my meadow, in pots as foils for summer bedding, in the Persian runner to set off smaller growing plants - zebrina in the midst of astrantia, stipa tenuissima in the midst of gaillardia but no lawns so no need for a strimmer or lawn mower and the peace of my garden is never disturbed by noise. The insects love it and that brings loads of birds who keep me company right through the year. It is a win-win situation when you get rid of your lawn.
22/08/2013 at 16:31

no,keep it green,too much grit and gravel and these days.

email image
3 messages