Today 8°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 7°C
3 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:28
the above has been most useful
100's of larvae have been appearing
before i read the article i have been gathering them
myself and my neighbour are infested with them
now we can deal with the problem without hopefully having to deal with a new lawn, thank you
24/11/2011 at 15:28
my lawn has appearance of being dead im many places and has been like this for last 2 months. . Nowmagpies are making a complete mess and digging big holes all over lawn.What can I do to bring back grass. If it means heavy scaryfing and reseeding what soil do I use to fill in the holes and uneven ground I have previously used lawn top dressing but it is so fine and dusty Can i use an insectide

Tony barnett
14/05/2012 at 13:08
my whole lawn (100sq m) has died leaving only some moss behind. it was very luscious as i fed it lots during summer. it was laid three years ago. I assumed it is leatherjackets doing damage as roots have turned to soft fibrous compost (last year i had to really spike hard and this year spikes slid in no problem)i ordered nemesis but was away when it arrived and it sat for 2 weeks on my mat - i live in Scotland and it was cold with no heating on..... but i know it is supposed to be in fridge. i applied it last week and am not sure if it is going to be effective. it was like a soft brown cotton wool like substance - like candy floss. i raked the ground first and then re-seeded ground and covered with light covering of sand and soil.
how can i tell if it is effective? will it effect new seed? should i buy some more in case? it had an expiry date of end May on the box. I assume it has a very short shelf life?
thanks
Bridgid Hess
email image
3 messages