London (change)
Today 26°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
21 to 23 of 23 messages
06/11/2010 at 10:02
I am posting this again following Registration and submission of email address. I have had a thornless domestic blackberry for several years which has vigorous canes and foliage. My problem this year is that whilst I had plenty of large fruit I was only able to harvest about 50pct because the fruits would not properly ripen. Is there any measure I can take to rectify this situation, or should I dig the plant up and replace it with such as the Loch Ness? The plant is against a westerly facing tall timber fence and I live in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
03/04/2011 at 16:44
I have had a Loch Ness blackberry in my garden for about 7 years now. The fruits are wonderful. However, there are usually only 1 or 2 new canes growing every summer. In gardening books there always seem to be many more new shoots on the pictures of blackberry plants. Is there a reason why there are so few new shoots?
28/11/2011 at 18:29
Loch Ness is fab isn't it! I had a fantastic plant of it trailing all over my fence at my old house. Sadly I had to leave it behind when I moved last year. But the new owner is a keen gardener and has rooted me a runner which I think might go against the allotment shed.
email image
21 to 23 of 23 messages