London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 10°C
21 to 27 of 27 messages
26/09/2009 at 08:55
I too have a molehill on my lawn. Appeared yesterday, went out and flattened it. This morning it is back but bigger! Am going to try the plastic bag on a cane to see if it works!
22/10/2009 at 22:34
We too had a dreadful mole problem, dozens of mole hills each week turned my lawn into a mud bath as we have ducks and they used to love puddling on the hills especially after rain, so something had to be done I'm afraid. We tried everything except gassing which I thought too drastic. The only thing that seemed to work was finding the tunnels and the top of the hills and pushing down into the earth about 6-8" deep really hard old thick stems of dead brambles every foot or so. They are haemophyliacs and if they scratch themselves it's fatal. I know it seems cruel but they were undermining my new fruit trees too, so I had to do something. We have been mole free now for about 6 months - keeping my fingers crossed.
18/01/2010 at 20:14
my garden doesnt suffer with mole hills but i do find the mole soil useful as my garden is all flags and stones their soil is useful for my pots
19/07/2010 at 10:54
if only it was my lawn they raised.the mole in question loves to tunnel up and down my veg patch lifting everything in its path.
26/07/2010 at 07:18
Simon: Moles in the vegetable garden also tend to mean that the roots of the veg are dangling in air. Very frustrating as they sicken and wither very quickly.
14/02/2011 at 21:35
I have recently moved to orpington in kent i have a huge garden surrounded by woods and a nature reserve.i have been over the moon with my huge garden.then the mole hills appeared.i looked one day there was 1 then 2 days later i had 5.i have taken on board all the comments and will be off to buy moth balls etc tomorrow.fingers crossed they will work.
28/11/2011 at 18:39
i have heard that moles do not like vibration so perhaps dancing on their site is called for.
email image
21 to 27 of 27 messages