London (change)
Today 18°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
21 to 40 of 1,315 messages
07/12/2010 at 21:48
Really great to hear MD will be back in the New Year. Have missed him - he is my sort of gardener and, yes, before that Geoff Hamilton was my man!
07/12/2010 at 21:58
Gutted to hear about Toby and Alys,could of at least brought tichmarsh back.
07/12/2010 at 22:09
This is the best news i have heard all year! I found Toby's approach to gardening rather boring, and the greenacre site even more so. In fact I switched off more than I switched on this year. Will be back to my friday nights guilty pleasure, Welcome back Monty, Joe Rachel and Carol,(who in my opinion should have been lead presenter last series)
07/12/2010 at 23:33
Well I'm glad Monty's coming back. Rachel? don't really get it but she's photogenic. Will miss Alys's specs. Toby's on the compost heap, say goodbye to his CBeebies style of presenting and back to some grown up TV.
07/12/2010 at 23:34
Oh no, not Monty again! I shall be busy elsewhere on Fridays :(
08/12/2010 at 00:51
I`m very very pleased too hear monty is returning t G.W ,shame that we get rachel I`d much rather have Alys !
08/12/2010 at 08:12
Great great news-welcome back to Monty so pleased to know he has recovered his health.He and AT have always been my favourites-I even still have the recordings of Fork to Fork which were made in his garden and house some years ago.I really will enjoy Friday evenings again I must admit my interest in the programme had waned of late. I do like Rachel but really will miss Alys I hope she will be doing some more on TV
08/12/2010 at 08:40
Annette from Chessington says I cannot wait to see Monty back on Gardeners World in the Spring not only for his expertise in gardening but also his great personality. All the best Monty.
08/12/2010 at 09:00
so glad monty is coming bck missed him, i like is way of gardening
08/12/2010 at 09:29
That's fantastic news! I have missed Monty's charismatic style of gardening and can't wait for the new series. Wonderful that it's comming from a real garden too. Will miss Alys but hope she will continue with her own programmes.
08/12/2010 at 09:38
Great news; I will be looking forward to the new series and seeing Monty back on our screens.
08/12/2010 at 09:54
I too will miss Toby, he is a great gardener for the amateur to follow. Great teacher Please give him a slot somewhere to teach the likes of me. Please not a whole season of veg. gardening.
08/12/2010 at 10:02
Not happy about Toby and Alys leaving! Toby was the natural successor to Geoff Hamilton and Monty tends to make the program too posh. I find myself frustrated that he doesn't cover the basics for new gardeners and under him, GW started to spent an awful lot of time on shows like Chelsea. Most are irrelevant to most of us hard core gardeners. I know they have to have holidays but surely they could rotate presenters so that there weren't so many breaks during the growing season. Nothing is more annoying than settling down for a cosy evening with GW to find it's off for a couple of weeks!
08/12/2010 at 10:11
Thank God for that - will start watching again. I watch gardeners world to learn something and that just didn't happen with the new format/presenters - welcome back Monty :)
08/12/2010 at 10:33
Whilst I am so pleased that Monty Don is feeling better and able to come back it seems unfortunate to drop Toby Buckland. He has grown into the role and is far more relaxed than initially. He clearly knows what he is talking about and I enjoy his parts of the program, it is the overall pitch that is wrong and some of the other presenters. None of which is his "fault". Personally I think Carol Klein should be dropped if the program needs to drop anyone.
08/12/2010 at 10:49
I'm not at all happy with the return of Monty Don, I don't like either his style nor the general content of his work. I won't be watching.
08/12/2010 at 11:49
hooray hooray hooray,i will be able to watch gardeners world again,monty is back.
08/12/2010 at 12:02
Hurrah! Will definitely return to the GW fold now. Gave up on GW when Monty left because of the ridiculous features such as the 30 minute makeover and 'what's hot and not'. Felt I was treated like an idiot. Toby seems a genuinely lovely guy but just doesn't have Monty's presence or authority. Wish him well for his future. Quite happy that Alys is going- she always seemed rather supercilious to me. I'm now really looking forward to my Friday nights with Monty again!
08/12/2010 at 12:05
Haven't watched GW since Toby started presenting. If A T couldn't come back Monty Don is the best choice. Look forward to Friday nights again. Toby and his team had moved away from real gardening and into entetainment. Hurrah for the return of real gardening.
08/12/2010 at 12:14
What a real shame Toby is leaving, he was so engaging, informative and fun. Sadly will be watching something else on Friday nights. Gardener’s World have you lost the plot!
21 to 40 of 1,315 messages