Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Monty Don returns to Gardeners' World

I can't believe this! Rachel is clearly only there because she's beautiful. She has nothing like the experience or knowledge of Toby.
As for Monty? well it'll be veg veg and more veg.
If there has to be a change, why go backwards and not forwards with brand new presenters? There are lots of people with a good horticultural background who should be given a chance.

• Oh no im not happy about Toby and Alys leaving!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brilliant news! Great getting Monty back, and now we have Carol, Joe and Rachel. I'm also pleased Gardeners' World will now be coming from a real garden. This will make such a difference.

Of course it has been nice seeing Carol in her garden, but I've always thought that the home of Gardeners' World should be in the lead presenters garden. Can't wait for the new series to start in the spring!
  • We had grown to like Toby's approach and always felt that it was an uphill struggle with Monty Don. You would have a job to beat Alan in the job, I could watch him potting up plants forever, it was so relaxing. Shame he did not want the job. Not sure how I feel about the new series, Rachel is more eye candy and roses than much else and Carol bangs on about free plants all the time and not much else, she has got to be good for more than that.
  • I loved Toby Buckland's style - he was so normal and friendly> He reminded me of Alan Titchmarsh when I first started gardening and watching GW in the second half of the 90s. Now Alan is a more of a celebrity and so is Monty Don which somehow doesn't feel right to me for Gardeners World. I do love Monty Don's other programmes though and I will certainly be very interested to see more of his garden.
  • cant wait! my friday nights' guilty pleasure will have all my favourites again! well done gardener's world, and thank you! :)
  • Will we get to see the results of all the work that has been done at Greenacre? When watching this past series I always want to know what it will look like next year. Such a shame... will miss Toby too!
  • I liked Toby Buckland And Alys Fowler style and im sad thats theres no room for them in the new line up and why Rachel De Theme poor replacement however its nice that Monty is comming back But whats to become of Whiteacers
  • Sorry Greenacers not whitacers
  • I am going to miss Tony Buckland tho . He was like A T who I loved on Gw
  • Hurray, welcome back Monty :)

I too would be interested to know what is to become of Greenacers too??? I'm looking for a new greenhouse BBC!