London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
41 to 53 of 53 messages
03/03/2009 at 20:50
Update. Cats, like foxes, really seem to have polarized opinion. You either love the little cutsie-pies to bits, or would like to blow the little brutes to bits. I'm slightly surprised that the main annoyance is cat dung. I'm much more affected by dog dung on the way to school with the children. My affection for cats is not unqualified though. When we first moved to Nunhead, we bought a half-derelict house to do up. Our neighbours had befriended an un-neutered tom which was always spraying its foul scent on the back door. One day it got in through a half-open window and sprayed the bed, the bath, the television, the walls in several rooms and a pile of freshly laundered woolen jumpers. Yeuch. I spent several hours cursing the bloody thing as I tried to clean up. The final act was discovered the next morning when I put some bread in the toaster for breakfast. As the heating elements warmed up the kitchen filled with an acrid gagging stench of mustard gas.
05/07/2009 at 10:12
I have a problem with both cat and foxes using my garden as a litter box - is there any type of plant/swhrub/flower that would assist as a deterrant?
08/07/2009 at 11:33
Reply to Balcol We've had some success scattering rose bush clippings onto newly dug earth to keep them off. Another alternative is a high-pressure water pistol.
02/07/2010 at 23:25
Hi Everyone, i would just like to make an say hi to everyone at blog.gardenersworld.com Your forum is brilliant! Frequently when I visit forums, I just come across junk, but this time I was really surprised, finding a helpful forum containing great information. Thanks dudes and keep the fantastic effort up.
10/09/2010 at 10:22
I throw stones at them and run at them as fast as possible. I also shovel their mess and throw it into the owners garden. The owner confronted me and I said if it happened again I would send his cat back in a box.
02/12/2010 at 20:02
ur on about cat and dogs,well there is a plant on the market,that cats dogs rabbits wont go near,i got mine from bridgemear in staffs the plant comes from africa,i dont know the name of it ,but it works,and u can take good cuttings from it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03/01/2011 at 18:43
If a cat has fouled on my raised bed will it be safe to grow salad vegetables.
14/01/2011 at 15:25
While on the most recent visit near Paris I stumbled over Florentino on this road. The man explained to my person, he was free to purchase a fresh Computer software here this Computer Depot near this corner. Nicely, so a luck, I was just on the way to go in the direction of the equal stockroom, but intended for a dissimilar reason. We both determined that we travel organized, therefore we be able to offer suggestion to each other. Now I once in a blue moon buy Software programs in the storeroom. I choose purchasing in the Online worlds because almost always there appears to be the benefit to look into a demo or even experiment with the thing over a limited while or with partial features. I can not achieve that inside this superstore! My pal opposed me, saying he has found out exactly what he requests. This guy tested already at his parents piece of equipment as a consequence it appears to be the most excellent he really ever encountered up till now! Well here in France nevertheless it appears to be safe and sound to buy audio visual rental software within the Net. It arrives with all assistance you need. Indubitably it appears to be pleasant, when you present everybody joy and the so greatly needed relaxation, while you manage a trade that certainly is linked to Events, Events and Celebration, but still this type of producing money nevertheless wants to earn funds (smile at this moment). So hold it as one and stay in no doubt you have a first-class program to manage every one of your dealings and retains you updated! In my opinion, Willy Hyde it certainly is your most important piece of equipment you can possess! Always understand, what is best!!
17/01/2011 at 21:54
Sarah Although unpleasant when fresh, natural soil organisms will soon break down the cat dung. Anyway, the soil is already alive with microbes, so a bit of cat manure will not make a great deal of difference. As ever though, wash the salad wherever it is from before you eat it.
31/01/2011 at 13:23
this kind of takes the mickey. It is high time cats should be registered the same as dogs and owners fined for their defecation. If this were the case then there would be fewer cats. The vast majority of cat owners are utterly irresponsible. They are pests and should be treated as such. Cats get exterminated in my garden.
26/08/2011 at 02:34
i love cats,saved my life when a snake tried to attack me,my pet cat mingkay,without fear rescued me from that deadly snake,i was just a teen back then,and mingkay is now dead,from old age.but for my pet cat i would be forever grateful.
09/11/2011 at 15:53
In my opinion anyone who gets a cat and doesnt have a garden should at least train the cat to go in a litter tray instead of just letting it out to go wherever it likes.I have about 3- 4 cats coming into mine and depositing their leavings 2 of which their owners dont have a garden.I already clean up after my own 2 dogs and dont expect others to do it for me.Theres many rules and regulations for dog owners yet cat owners get off scott free.No compulsary licencing,microchipping,being kept under control,neutering and not least picking up its poop.Cats are seen by Councils as being wild animals and are allowed to roam the streets and gardens as they please.A bit unfair and irresponsible.I like cats but i dislike the lack of rules pertaining to them.
28/11/2011 at 18:30
All animals both wild and domestic deserve to live a happy life (following there natural instincts) without being persecuted by HUMAMS. It is the actions of humans against animals tnat should be controlled!
email image
41 to 53 of 53 messages