Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Nasturtium and thyme

doesn't seem that long ago the Chelsea flower show, comes around so quickly, you will be dashing off again to show all the wonderful herbs you grow, wish you luck hope there is another gold for all your efforts.

• Could you advise me whether there is a herb which I could use in an infusion perhaps, to help the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis? Also something to minimise the effects of stress as I find the condition is aggravated by it.

Thanks, and good luck for Chelsea - your stands are stunning at GWL, I haven't been to Chelsea - too busy getting stressed at work!
  • [...] Nasturtium and thyme Plants Gardening Blog Talk BBC Posted by root 2 minutes ago (http://blog.gardenersworld.com) Link to comment report comment i have a large rosemary plant which is getting too use in an infusion perhaps to help the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis the bbc for the benefit of the licence fee payer powered by wordpress com Discuss  |  Bury |  News | Nasturtium and thyme Plants Gardening Blog Talk BBC [...]
  • I have and old butler sink in my garden (shallow type)which I hope is suitable for growing Thymes. I have lined the bottom with gravel as a start and would love some recommendations as to what varieties to look for. I get a lot of slug damage in the area am I right in thinking they would leave Thymes alone?
    Thanks
  • I have always loved nasturtiums, starting with the fact that I could eat them as a young child and moving into their delightful, peppery taste as an accent in salads as an adult. And now, I love nasturtium vinegar!
  • I sowed some poppy seeds from a packet of cooking poppy seeds from Julian Graves as I wanted to harvest some that I was certain would be edible. To my surprise they have germinated en mass. ( I thought they would probably have been heat treated.) Some other poppies (self seeded) have appeared in another separate bed.
    What type are edible? I have looked on internet but keep getting answers from US where it appears it is illegal to grow poppies at all ( except for californian or welsh poppies). These sites also say that poppy seeds are toxic except for specially grown " for food " varieties grown under licence. Is this just to stop people growing opium poppies or is it true?. What is the legal position in the UK?
  • HI JEKKA, I WANT TO PLANT SOME MEDICINAL HERBS, WHICH ONES WOULD BE SUITABLE FOR MINOR AILMENTS AND STOMACH PROBLEMS?. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHELSEA GARDEN, WILL YOU INCORPORATE HERBS IN IT?.
  • I have a large Rosemary plant which is getting too big for it's space in my small garden. Can I divide it or is there any other way I can keep it? I'm not sure what to do with it.