Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

I think it is a pity more gardens do not open in the evenings - not only for those who have to work all day but so that the evening scents can be appreciated. As one who enjoyed the visit of a beautiful tiger moth to my bathroom light while I was having a bath with the window open, I say to those who fear them, study them.
I have night scented phlox in my allotment and the smell just wafts around the whole site. It has the most intoxicating sweet scent. Highly reccomended ...!!!
Good to hear that there are so many of you who love perfumed plants as I do.....but interestingly I'm not so keen on bottled perfumes or, worse still, aftershaves !

Advertisement

my neighbour has beautiful large poppies in her garden. how do i and when do i plant the seeds from the past flowers
This year, i have grown, night scented phlox & stock from seed in pots, bought more night scented phlox from a local garden center + bought nicotiana affinis and heliotrope - cherry pie, thank goodness for the hot sunny days and warm light evenings at the moment, its an extremely heady intoxicating mix of fragrance thats purely natural; unbeatable!
I have just returned from Zante where there is a plant that gives off a wonderful scent in the eveing but during daytime no scent at all. Does anyone know the name of this unusual plant?
I note that your website recommends propagating wisteria by layering the stems - can you tell me if this will result in a plant that flowers, as I understood wisterias will only flower if they are grafted - so do I need to use the layered new plants as grafts.