London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
8 messages
24/04/2012 at 12:23
I have a bad infestation of blister mites in my tree,is there any treatment you could recommend as the scale is too large to break off affected leaves.
regards
janet
24/04/2012 at 12:51

You can remove the affected leaves, but there's no treatment that I'm aware of. Although it looks awful, it shouldn't affect the crop.

Cj3
25/04/2012 at 19:24
I purchased four pear trees in their dormant stage, they have been in a polytunnel for 3 weeks, as the leaves appeared they were blistered, and mainly pink, I believe they have pear leaf blister mite, but the garden centre say it is leaf mite stipple, is there such a thing, I cannot find any reference to it, also, will this spread to other pears which were also purchased from the same garden centre, what can I use to erradicate the pest?
30/04/2012 at 19:07
try this: http://www.dovebugs.co.uk/Pear%20leaf%20blister%20mite.pdf
30/04/2012 at 19:10
try this: http://www.dovebugs.co.uk/Pear%20leaf%20blister%20mite.pdf
10/06/2012 at 18:28
New leaves on my pot grown pear tree are growing with black tips and eventually curl up and die. What is causing this and what is the solution to prevent it.
13/05/2013 at 13:54

Help please!!! My lovely Buerre Hardy pear tree has blister mite  ( Eriophyes pyri) I have searched for remedies, but every comment seems to suggest that I completely de-nude the tree which is drastic. Also this year the tree didn't produce any blossom. It usually flowers earlier than the apple tree, which is now in full blossom. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

An American gardening site suggested that I spray the infected leaves with a light cooking oil mixed with washing up liquid and water, does anyone know if this will help or do I have to dig up the tree and burn it, I am so desperate this is the second spring that it has become infected.

18/07/2014 at 18:05

We've recently moved into a cottage which has a pear tree in the garden.  This seems to be suffering from either blister mite or scab!  Also there are masses of pears some of which I assume should have been removed as the branches are hanging really low with the weight.  If we remove some of the pears now is it too late for the others to grow larger?  We also have a large plum tree without any plums whatsoever!

email image
8 messages