London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
3 messages
22/03/2012 at 03:44
Hi We moved into our house 3 years ago and have been modernising it. We are now in the process of completely landscaping our semi-detached corner plot garden. The house was build in 1935 and so the garden is very matured. Unfortunately the garden is (we think) below the water table and is very wet in areas and doesn't drain off and the lawn never drys off in areas even on hot days. We have decided to completely strip the garden and lay drains and remodel the garden and lawn. One problem we have it Horsetail weed, at the moment we have a digger and it is moving and levelling off the lawn to relay and lay a patio. My question is while the earth is up and being turned over what chemical can we use to help to get rid of this pesky weed. Please help regards Chris
28/04/2012 at 16:34
I saw one yesterday, it was sitting on top tip of my very young honeysuckle. I didn't know what it was!
28/04/2012 at 16:43

I hate to tell you this, but there is no easy way of getting rid of horsetail, and your digger is probably spreading it.

Crush the growth underfoot and then spray with a glyphosate-based weedkiller. You won't get rid of this in one go, but will have to repeat the treatment several times.

email image
3 messages