London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 4°C
7 messages
07/12/2011 at 17:53
Can you tell me please if I should plant Nerine bulbs now as I have been given some and I'm not sure when they should go in.
The rest of my bulbs went just a few weeks ago, better late than never.
    09/12/2011 at 12:36

Hello donutsmrs,

Don't worry. Nerines are autumn-flowering bulbs so you don't need to plant them at the same time as spring-flowering bulbs. Planting in the spring will be fine. Have a look at our plant feature on Nerines at:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/plants/nerine-bowdenii/2411.html

Emma

gardenersworld.com team

09/12/2011 at 16:44
Hi Emma, that is very helpful thank you very much. I will now keep them until the spring then put them into a nice pot.
09/12/2011 at 21:58

Good luck with your nerines.   I think they are fabulous flowers.   I do not seem to be lucky growing them, though.    Last year I was given some, and I thought maybe I would be third time lucky trying to grow them.   They did grow and flower, and I thought I had it cracked.   However this year I got leaves only and not a single flower.  Where did I go wrong?

10/12/2011 at 20:36
I've never grown Nerines so this will be a challenge. I hope I am going to be able to them for a long time, sorry to hear that yours didnt last gardengirl6. They are just so pretty when in bloom and just what you need to see on a dull November day.
16/12/2011 at 09:36
Personally, James, I don't think we have enough Venn diagrams in the garden.
17/03/2012 at 15:46
I have come upon some tulip bulbs which escaped from being planted in October......is it too late now to do this?
email image
7 messages