London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
7 messages
08/08/2009 at 10:30
I have a dog and have been told that the tree lillies I am growing are poisonous is this true.
08/08/2009 at 18:55
My sweet peas have been covered in pollen beetles and no amount of shaking gets rid of them is there anything i can spray them with ?
12/08/2009 at 20:44
The best way really is : Put sweet peas in a jar of water, put it in fark shed/room with a single light source that is away from the sweetpeas....pollen beetles leave sweetpeas and go to light source!
17/09/2009 at 19:48
I planted some Giant Hibiscus roots in individual pots at the end of February this year. They started to shoot at the beg. of June and have grown to approx. 4ft but only one shoot on two of the plants. The smaller one has 6 shoots. None have had any flowers this year. I understood they would have blooms as big as dinner plates this year!! What have I done wrong and will they come up again next year. They are supposed to be hardy!
06/07/2010 at 15:57
We are plagued with pollen beetles in our runner bean flowers. Will this prevent them from producing beans? If so what can I do?
07/07/2010 at 13:25
I also have vast numbers of pollen beatles and I have companion planted them with my runner beans in an effort to increase pollination of the beans. I am fighting critters all around this year. Slugs as big as mice, rats under next doors shed, lily beatles,mice, black fly on the beans and probably many,as yet unfound. I almost despare. I thought that the harsh winter would have destroyed over-wintering critters.but apparently not. They like my roses and clematis appear to have been invigorated. I wish that I was!
28/11/2011 at 18:39
Here in Gloucestershire my sweet peas have been prolific but have masses of pollen beetles. (Also am constantly picking off sweet pea leaves covered in caterpillars (as well as leaves covered in eggs). The cabbage whites love my pea leaves and my onion leaves as well, absolutely decimated.) :-(
email image
7 messages