Start a new thread

1 to 6 of 6 replies

Very interesting, especially the word "anemophily". You should definitely stick to gardening
If you are interested at recording flowering times, then you might be interested in phenology. The UK phenology network (http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/) are always looking for recorders. Birches will soon be flowering. Birch pollen is allergenic and affects about a quarter of hay fever sufferers. The BBC have a pollen forecast for those who want to follow the progress of the birch pollen season.
Yes I have a large yew tree in my garden which nearley killed me the other day I walked into a cloud of dust from the tree it closed up my throat so i could not get my breath i think it acts like an anaesthetic very dangerous mike
I grew daffodils last year, twins, triplets and quads. This year they are coming up again in a cluster but with even more buds on them.
I know when the catkins are out because my hayfever starts. My veg plot is under two birches so I often end up weeding or harvesting whilst crying my eyes out. Didn't know the yew would do the same

Advertisement

As a recent logger-on to G.W. I love the on site videous. Just pricked out seedlings with Monty. It's great having experts in my living room. Molly Mac