6 messages
25/03/2009 at 10:41
Very interesting, especially the word "anemophily". You should definitely stick to gardening
25/03/2009 at 12:48
If you are interested at recording flowering times, then you might be interested in phenology. The UK phenology network (http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/) are always looking for recorders. Birches will soon be flowering. Birch pollen is allergenic and affects about a quarter of hay fever sufferers. The BBC have a pollen forecast for those who want to follow the progress of the birch pollen season.
28/03/2009 at 12:29
Yes I have a large yew tree in my garden which nearley killed me the other day I walked into a cloud of dust from the tree it closed up my throat so i could not get my breath i think it acts like an anaesthetic very dangerous mike
06/04/2009 at 18:34
I grew daffodils last year, twins, triplets and quads. This year they are coming up again in a cluster but with even more buds on them.
25/04/2009 at 12:14
I know when the catkins are out because my hayfever starts. My veg plot is under two birches so I often end up weeding or harvesting whilst crying my eyes out. Didn't know the yew would do the same
28/11/2011 at 18:38
As a recent logger-on to G.W. I love the on site videous. Just pricked out seedlings with Monty. It's great having experts in my living room. Molly Mac
email image
6 messages