London (change)
Today 24°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
7 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:29
Apparently mildew has been a prolific problem this year according to Mail Order Trees from whom I purchased a 2 year old Amelanchier canadenisis which quickly developed the disease. Have pruned heavily and will spray with fungicide.
24/11/2011 at 15:29
I have powdery mildew on an red acer tree (I think it's a Crimson King Maple) which is over 25 years old. It had been heavily pruned in recent years to allow some more light in the garden. The mildew has also affected some other plants in the garden, ie my trailing begonias, this year. Should I take the tree out altogether?
14/06/2013 at 08:15
Hi all, I have this problem on honeysuckle what can I do about it please?
14/06/2013 at 08:17
Sorry forgot to mention, have fed it with tomarite, could this be the problem??
14/06/2013 at 08:25

Hi

I have it on my pulmonarias and lupins in the drier, full sun borders, elsewhere they are fine.  Honeysuckle is OK.  Teh only way to avoid is keep well watered in dry weather- water on an evening or early morning to prevent evaporation and use a mulch on those areas.

The honeysuckle will be fine -With the honeysuckle and pulmonaris once it has flowered- prune, which will get rid of the mildew and will give you better flowers next year or a second flush later in the year.

Just reminded me to go and shear my "frosted" pulmonarias and replant some in a shadier moister border!

14/06/2013 at 13:40

Hi

l have a giant Amaryllis  bulb  that is in leaf but no flower,it produced three large flowers last christmas,  l have given it a feed once a month will this stop it flowering again this year as l didnot think it would grow in the summer

25/06/2013 at 07:48
I have an old apple tree which was covered in a white
powdery mildew last year. We pruned it back hard for this year and in the spring it looked really healthy with lots of blossom but it is now covered again with this white sticky mildew. Any advice as to what this is and how to get rid.. Thanks Barbara
email image
7 messages