London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 13°C
21 to 29 of 29 messages
13/11/2009 at 10:15
St. George's School Gardening Club (11-16) We compost all the kitchen leftovers (uncooked), the shredded paper from the office and the weeds we pull out of our garden. Our teacher gets the boys to do the heavy work turning over the pile, but they like it! I don't think anyone is alowed to wee on it! We used our rotted leaves from last year to make-over a flower bed next to our chapel. It worked really well, and it was full of worms so that improved the soil aswell! We do see a rat, and hte squirrels like to raid the pile, but that's OK because our teacher told us to respect nature and live alongside it. Even hte slugs go onto the compost heap!
30/11/2009 at 11:38
Re :Green cones.I acquired mine from Guildford B.C. some years ago.I have been putting Meat and fish waste in it for 10 years,we have only had it excavated once by a fox,and have dealt with that with an amount of chicken wire on the ground around it.It means I don't have to use the food recyling service at all.
08/12/2009 at 09:33
Keep up the good work. Save Britain from plastic rubbish in the compost bins and HOME COMPOST which makes a greener footprint and saves money!
15/01/2010 at 10:17
so, once we have weed and turned etc and got our compost, what are the guidelines for using it for sewing seeds..I would like to mix up my own but cant find any info...
26/03/2010 at 19:07
I haven't found any worms in my compost ! I add a mixture of waste as directed in any compost making info. once the top layer is removed much of the material seems to be composted , despite being on the dry side. I use it as a mulch. but am puzzled by the lack of worms. any advice welcome thanks Ange
12/04/2010 at 16:56
The flatdweller who was worried about staining the concrete in her backyard should purchase a tumbler type composter every time they walk passed it just give it a turn
07/04/2011 at 07:33
Keep up the spirit. You are in a right track how to help Mother Earth!
12/05/2011 at 10:38
Do some compost it's expansive but it,s good for the wolrd. Great article Rubbish Clearance
28/11/2011 at 18:39
My young daughter is always needing the loo when we've been at the allotment for just a short time - will get her to collect in a bucket now!
email image
21 to 29 of 29 messages