Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

Little irises only bloom once? Really? My purple ones have just reappeared in my neglected Cambridgeshire garden for the fourth or fifth year. the Iris Danfordiae have, however, sunk without a trace. Ah, well, the lord giveth and the lord taketh away, and jolly glad I am that he doesn't take it all away; it saves a powerful lot of money.
I have miniture Iris in a large pot that come up every year,mind you my garden gets freezing, they think they are at home. back to Wisley what a delight the place is whatever time of year.
fairweather girl, if you plant Iris danfordiae really deep it comes back every year. About 9 inches/22cm. Amazing that a small flower comes up from so far down, but it does.
James, What does Rosemoor have to offer? Seeing I am from Ireland, Any insight about the place would be great Thanks, Aanee xxxx

Aanee: THe RHS website for Rosemoor is here: It is is lovely Devon countryside as well.
Now, Hortbuddy, right now. Drop whatever you are doing and go to Rosemoor (for a start!)