London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
5 messages
06/04/2013 at 15:19
sally, its a busy time but well worth it, i don,t have a green house, but i do have a conservatory that doubles up as a greenhouse from february to may, i am a novice, so far tho, i have panzy cosmos, nasturtion, african daisy popping upwhen i see the new growth it inspires a feeling of hope. happy gardening sally.
Lyn
07/04/2013 at 08:52
Well done Sallt, i also start seeds off in the conservatory and kitchen window sill, it is very rewarding when they start to grow, then you can prick them out and find you have loads, good luck with your garden in your first year.
Have you thought about buying one of those plastic greenhouses, you can get one for less thsn 20.00.
07/04/2013 at 19:35
The only problem that I have is that I very quickly run out of space within my greenhouse and only have a number of suitable windowsills in the house. It would be nice to be able to get some of the veg plants outside and in the ground.

Tom (Cottage Gardening)
(http://cottagegardening.blogspot.co.uk/)
12/04/2013 at 17:17
It's always a tricky moment when you realise your greenhouse space doesn't equal the number of seed trays you have to put into it!

Patsy - your conservatory sounds wonderful, I'm very envious. I suspect you are less of a 'novice' than you let on though - that's an impressive range of flowers you've got there!

Lyn - thank you! Those plastic greenhouses are fantastic to expand into, I really recommend them. I've also got a large coldframe I use as an extension to the greenhouse - invaluable for housing hardier seedlings.

Tom - I hear you, I'm desperate to get everything outside and growing now. Still, as I type there is sun shining in the window - you never know, spring might just be here at last...
14/04/2013 at 16:36
Hi everyone I'm a newcomer :D I live in west Sussex and started sowing in my new greenhouse as the weather has been dire. I have Rudbeckia cosmos heliopsis cucumber sprouts and golden beetroot just peeping through. Indoors on my Windowsills I have Melon, Tomato Marmande, sweet peas and bell peppers, I think I will need more staging in my greenhouse soon! Good luck everyone :D
email image
5 messages