London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 15°C
14 messages
05/01/2009 at 16:45
our sheddies would love to see a few pictures of your shed over at http://www.readersheds.co.uk once you have cleaned it up.!
06/01/2009 at 12:22
Having good storage is one key element to keeping the shed tidy. I just got hold of some old coffee tins from the office to keep those smaller bits and pieces safe.
06/01/2009 at 15:47
Back in Feb 08 I had a potting shed delivered - what bliss, I love it in there, especially on Sundays when my husband and I are not going out anywhere. Come the summer the shed began to get rather filled and a little untidy - eg grandaughters using it as a Wendy House!as well as my own bits and pieces; come end of November I just had to tidy everything up, which I did, one cold Sunday morning, only to find that a few days later the trampoline safety padding had been neatly folded and left in my shed instead of in its usual place in my husband's shed. Whose shed is it? mine, my husband's or my grandchildren? It's all mine when I'm using it and everyone elses when I'm not, but it will always be me keeping it tidy, do I mind - no I do not.
09/01/2009 at 19:57
I need to follow your lead - but will wait till you've actually got out there! Extra incentive??
09/01/2009 at 20:51
My shed is cleaned in the spring and seems to stay tidy until the end of the season when I use it to store pots and there never seems anywhere else to store the lawn mower, open the door and you need to move that before you can do anything. Storage and shelving are important though. Mini greenhouse's when not in use in the summer, can be used to store pots and junk safely till they are needed. Well its good in theory anyway.
10/01/2009 at 21:32
Oh! dear I'm feeling really guilty about the shed but I must confess it is too small, I am certain that if I had a bigger one I'd be able to get in it amongest all the just incases, when it gets warmer perhapes I'll clear it or when you lot go out to clear yours.
11/01/2009 at 16:32
big reorganisation this year, shed to be dismantled moved rebuilt also a small greenhouse it will be good when is done must keep focusing on the final result
12/01/2009 at 20:46
Glad I raised the issue. Knowing there are others out there with the same resolution will fire me up to get this done soon. I'd much rather be seen as leading the way than being left behind!
28/01/2009 at 16:46
I had a new shed this year and vowed I would keep everything neat and clean. I went to a lot of trouble to put clips for all the gardening tools and shelves for seeds and bottles and at the end of the summer it looked perfectly organised. But somehow over the winter junk seems to have accumulated from all parts of the house into my shed, its like a magnet. I will be heading to Freecycle.org.uk to get rid of it all.
28/01/2009 at 23:40
Greenhouses, ive just completed putting up my first greenhouse with the help of my son, what a nightmare wish manufacturers would simplfy the instructions as it took us 3days, but its up and already in use.
25/08/2009 at 11:43
My garden shed is cleaned in the spring and seems to stay tidy until the end of the season when I use it to store pots and there never seems anywhere else to store the lawn mower, open the door and you need to move that before you can do anything.
02/11/2009 at 16:15
I recently bought a new potting shed and transferred everything across from my old one ready for the spring. If only you could see it in all its glory! I hope that I continue to keep everything tidy- as Adam says, you can't beat a storage space that is a pleasure to use.
09/11/2009 at 12:14
How true, Anne, and long may your shed stay tidy! What a treat, having a new potting shed. It sounds as if you also have space to work, which is ideal. Perhaps you even have a power supply for light, heat, and a kettle!
28/11/2011 at 18:37
A shed, oh the joy of having a shed filled or otherwise! I am renting right now and the owner sees the green patch at the back of the house as a troublesome thing to be tamed into boring, self-maintaining nothingness. So no shed. I do have a large pantry/cupboard in which all MY tools, gloves, chemicals, trays and so on live. These gardenly things share space with the vacuum cleaner, the dustpan & brush the mop & bucket but they do take up MUCH more sapce. It is tidy, it has to be, there isn't enough space for it not to be!
email image
14 messages