5 messages
10/05/2010 at 18:57
I came across a tree that had two types of blossom.... bemused by this I investigated and found that the larger tree with white blossom was wrapped totally around the smaller tree with pink blossom. They both flower in spring and I look forward to the happening each year :) It's magical......... xxx
11/05/2010 at 14:45
There is a 'husband and wife tree' at Chettle House in Dorset, it has both yellow and pink flowers dangling down together.
16/05/2010 at 21:30
Am just about to take possession of some spare, bare rooted blackthorn and hawthorn bushes for the allotment which a friend didn't need. Hoping they will act as a good wind break. Can't wait, love them both and there is nothing like home-made sloe gin.
13/06/2010 at 12:48
I have a plant that has turned up in my tiny garden and I don't know what it is! It's really quite attractive but need to know what to do with it. Looks like it belongs to the carrot family but its not a carrot - I have pulled some up. Not as spiky as Love-in-the-mist and no sign of any flowers yet. I'd like to post a photo but not sure how. can anyone help? Thanks.
28/11/2011 at 18:40
I have found it impossible to grow hawthorne/blackthorne in may garden via cuttings though they both grow in the wild abu.dantly nearby. Is there any means of creating a h/b hedge other than by berries, peat and sand overwinter?
email image
5 messages