Start a new thread

21 to 35 of 35 replies

For Jane of Craigenally Farm. There is a great book about growing apples, particularly in SW Scotland. "Apples in Scotland" by John Butterworth. Wellworth a read from a professional grower in your area.
John: Winter Nelis should be perfect for Beth ( After six years I would expect results. Are you sure it is Beth? no mistake in labelling or anything? Is the tree healthy?
I have just been given a new flowering cherry tree, but it has an infestation of tiny black shiny bugs the leaves are dying and the trunk is scaley. Can it be saved?
Chris: Sounds as if you have not been given the best specimen. If it has come from a nursery or garden centre-and it is possible to do so without upsetting the donor - then you should take it back. Failing that brush off the bugs, plant it in good fertile soil and try and nurse it back to health.
I have three fairly old Bramley apple trees that for at least 10 years have produced very little blossom and no fruit. Is there anything I can do to bring them back to fruiting life?

Not sure if it's me since I still got zero free time to upgrading and i'm even now making use of firefox 3.0.14 but My spouse and i seen some kind of strange letters all over the web-site . like Notice: Not possible change head tag ... and the like. This is slightly abnormal since for me my personal site cheap flights to newark as well widely used ones just like by way of example bing and google show up great for me. Apologies, english is just not my principal language.
hello Just saying hello while I look through the posts I'm trying to find out how to make an e-mail list with out having to spend a wad of cash on some training course hopefully this is just what im looking for, looks like i have a lot to read Im trying to find a way to build an e-mail list.
I am completely new to fruit tree gardening, having planted my first tree a couple of weeks ago. It is producing leaves which are in the process of opening, but I notice a fine, grey dusty coating on the branches, which I can scratch off with a fingernail. Is this normal, or do I need to worry about my first apple tree?
Which do you think of the English orchard trees is the best for long-lasting and beautiful blossom? (White or pale pink)
We have an orchard like yours and now want to do an avenue of 10 trees (5 each side). We have decided to go for just one variety in an attempt to get an entire blossom avenue - but want it to flower for as long as possible!
As its chief raison d'être is ornamental, we aren't too bothered about the fruit...