London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
9 messages
26/11/2010 at 18:13
I dislike the scent of Jasmine which smells like cat's pee to me.
26/11/2010 at 20:38
I agree, the "stinking iris" seems not to stink at all! Is there a case under the Trades Description Act, do you think?
26/11/2010 at 22:08
Geranium leaves are one of my dislikes, fausty and horrible. The Crown Imperial is another that is very reminiscent of Dog Foxes...not nice!
26/11/2010 at 22:21
I once came home from a weekend away to a horrible overpowering stink in the house. I really thought something had died. It took me two days to work out it was a beautiful lily in flower. When I put it outside, it smelled wonderful, but indoors it was way too overpowering. I think Gardenia can be a bit too much indoors too.
27/11/2010 at 09:06
I love my Hellebores but cannot stand the smell of H.Foetidus and don't like the smell of "Sweet" Peas. I agree that Gardenia can be overpowering indoors - ok for a litle while and then it gets too much.
27/11/2010 at 11:56
The common flowering currant shrub is one most people do not want to be close to. Some people find the smell of pelargoniums off-putting but the ones with scented leaves like "Copthorne" are often very pleasant and good flowerers.
30/03/2011 at 17:57
i love the rafflesai plant n the rainforest, it stinks like dead animals!!!!! YUK!!!!! You can get two names of the rafflesais, name of them azlanii and kerrii. i hate the smell if you go near them yuk1
30/03/2011 at 17:59
rafflesais have catch fly's all the time and there is some names to, names are,azanii and kerrii. thats all i lon=ve the rainforests!!!!!!!
28/11/2011 at 18:41
My fascination with growing obscure plants has caused me to end up with 3 Amorphophallus Titanum residing on my kitchen windowsill. They're still only young, but I think they may be given out as Christmas presents (Kate?!) prior to them (hopefully) becoming ready to flower in a few years!
email image
9 messages