Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Surviving the Chelsea Flower Show

great articles.

• I'm looking forward to reading about the biodiversity garden. I am really trying to be proactive this way and seeing what others are doing too in their gardens.
  • It was great to see Roy Lancaster that
    fantastic plantsman, he helped to make
    the RHS Chelsea flower show what it is.
    Good to see he was awarded OBE.
  • Now I have a real problem, I am trying to make a roof top garden. I live in Tenerife on the South East coast so when it heats up I get the trade winds, sometimes very severe, also full sun on most of the roof.
    I have two raised beds and a netting protector for the winds and the sun, however I want to extend from this so have built a dry wall half way across the roof with a wooden pagoda over it..(we cant use metal we are too close to the sea. I now wish to make use of all this space but I need some help with plants that wold cope in this environment. CAn you help.
  • I would like to know who pays for the Cancer Research and other charity gardens. Does the money come from the funds and does the charities get anything out of having the gardens at Chelsea?
  • davidazzodavidazzo Posts: 3

JackieSC

I have a garden by the sea in Italy which I protect with a Pitisforum hedge. once the hedge is established it will protect other plants from wind and sea salt.

Good luck

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,066

Kath - they get masses of publicity from the TV coverage, from the press coverage and in the show guide.  It seems to work as Cancer Research is there year after year.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato