London (change)
Today 13°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 8°C
7 messages
21/05/2010 at 20:12
great articles.
21/05/2010 at 21:43
I'm looking forward to reading about the biodiversity garden. I am really trying to be proactive this way and seeing what others are doing too in their gardens.
29/05/2010 at 20:30
It was great to see Roy Lancaster that fantastic plantsman, he helped to make the RHS Chelsea flower show what it is. Good to see he was awarded OBE.
30/05/2010 at 15:26
Now I have a real problem, I am trying to make a roof top garden. I live in Tenerife on the South East coast so when it heats up I get the trade winds, sometimes very severe, also full sun on most of the roof. I have two raised beds and a netting protector for the winds and the sun, however I want to extend from this so have built a dry wall half way across the roof with a wooden pagoda over it..(we cant use metal we are too close to the sea. I now wish to make use of all this space but I need some help with plants that wold cope in this environment. CAn you help.
28/11/2011 at 18:40
I would like to know who pays for the Cancer Research and other charity gardens. Does the money come from the funds and does the charities get anything out of having the gardens at Chelsea?
17/06/2012 at 18:13

JackieSC

I have a garden by the sea in Italy which I protect with a Pitisforum hedge. once the hedge is established it will protect other plants from wind and sea salt.

Good luck

17/06/2012 at 20:30

Kath - they get masses of publicity from the TV coverage, from the press coverage and in the show guide.  It seems to work as Cancer Research is there year after year.

email image
7 messages