London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
10 messages
15/08/2008 at 21:36
Quite agree! This is the first year I have attempted growing sweet peas and I've been delighted with the result. Every week we have 1-2 posies of fresh flowers that bring charm, colour and a delightful scent to the home. It is great that you must keep cutting them as you have a summer long supply of fresh, free flowers, and the more you cut, the more that grow.
16/08/2008 at 08:15
I have had my allotment since the beging of April and once we got it dug over and put lots of veg in, we decided to try 2 variety's of sweet peas. one which dies at the end of the year, this is producing pure white flowers which I picked my first bunch yesterday. My lounge smells lovely, I need to get more small vases so I can have some in each room. The second variety which is everlasting has not flowered yet, but you can see that it won't be too long. I will definitely do them again next year.
16/08/2008 at 11:02
we have just started an allotment . and along side of the plot. there is a road . and the soil is full of stone . from under the road. so i carnt put eny feg there. so i got alot of the spare soil.and i mixed it all together. and i put sume fish bone and blood in it. and sume growmoor in it. then i planted aload of perenuals. and anuals. and every one that comes on the allotment says that looks grate. so you can mix flowers with veg.
16/08/2008 at 17:24
Can not agree more Sweet peas are wonderful flowers for home. But any suggestions on bud drop which I have had a problem with this year.
19/08/2008 at 20:51
I'm growing Sweet peas for the first time and love the smell. I had not thought to cut them and bring them indoors. Thank you Tracy J. for mentioning it. I wonder if I should harvest the peas for eating or for sowing next spring.
20/08/2008 at 15:27
Just started growing sweet peas beeeeautiful scents, my plant only seems to flower from the top, am i doing anything wrong.
21/08/2008 at 14:58
Will the Sweet Peas grow from seed in the Garden in the South of France??
21/08/2008 at 22:41
Some years I have sown my sweet-peas Oct-Nov but mostly late Jan so as to have strong plants for early planting as there is large areas of tarmac around our bungalow and the boarders are across a large lawn I grow the sweet-peas in large tubs My wife was cutting the first flowers third week in May this year to keep them flowering the tubs need to be flooded with water once a week.
03/07/2010 at 07:36
i have grown sweetpea from seed, they have come on very well but no flowers! what have i done wrong?
28/11/2011 at 18:36
I agree, I'm growing a row in my allotment at present and looking forward to the flowers.
email image
10 messages