London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
5 messages
18/11/2008 at 09:57
I first saw Vitis coignetiae when Carol Klein featured it one Friday on Gardeners World and I just had to have it. I have planted it on my bare fence panels and now having seen this combination with the ivy wish I'd thought of that. It's not too late though, looks like another trip to the garden centre for me.
31/10/2010 at 07:48
IVY IS INVASIVE, ITS HARD TO CONTROL ,IT IS NOT EASY GET RID OF, WHAT ELSE CAN I PLANT WITH MY CRIMSON GLORY TO GIVE COLOUR WHILE DORMANT, HAVE HAD A FEW MOMES WITH IVY AND DON,T WANT ANY MORE EVEN THOUGH IT ADDS BEAUTIFUL GREEN FOLAGE, I WOULD RATHER THE DORMANT STAGE OF MY VINEA
01/11/2010 at 12:33
Probably best to just grow the Vitis on its own Suzie. I do like ivy, but it does need to be kept in check!
30/03/2011 at 04:16
how do I get rid of green ivy left to take over garden for several years by the looks of it. Have identified source but ivy has taken root and the ground is covered. It's a big job in a big garden. I really need to do a good job on them, Any useful tips will be welcome.
28/11/2011 at 18:37
Earlier in the autumn I was admiring Vitus vinifera 'Purpurea' with rich rich burgundy coloured leaves, entwined with this was a delicate pink rose possibly 'New Dawn'. They enhance one another beautifully. It must be said this vine starts the year with silvery leaves which gradually turn to deep red.
email image
5 messages