London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
11 messages
18/06/2010 at 17:20
I bought one of these a couple of years ago at Great Dixter, it looked lovely in my garden but sadly it didn't self-seed so I haven't had any since.
18/06/2010 at 17:22
I bought one a couple of years ago at Great Dixter but sadly it didn't self seed so I haven't had any since. I have to agree though, it is lovely.
19/06/2010 at 14:47
i brought theses as well but i got mine from hampton court about 3yrs ago,like above mine didn't self-seed either.. could someone tell me what is wrong with my carnations they have grown very well this season,loads of buds which have flowered,but before they flowered the stems were all nice and up-right and it seems that over night they have fallen to the ground,they still flowered and have many buds still on them,it just looks horrid..also it looks like on a few flowers that something is eating some of the petals. the plant is in full sun. last year this also happened... i dont over-water. any clues???
19/06/2010 at 14:53
hi could someone help me ,,, im trying to bid for the springwatch wild show tomorrow,i've gone online to bid for the poo-bag that chris packhams dogs had round there neck,on the show the other night he said it was on the auction site, but i cannot find it at all,and i keep checking,am i doing something wrong??? help.....
19/06/2010 at 16:59
A fond memory I have is a field trip I took in school when I was a little girl. I remember walking through a field of buttercups. To this day I love any flower, ranunculus, etc., that reminds me of those buttercups
22/06/2010 at 09:47
I photograph the flowers in my garden and at the end of the year print them off as small prints on a sheet. I then cut them out and stick them into my garden cuttings book with a note if they were bought anywhere special. I've also made an 'album' on Picasa for my garden so I can see how it has changed. It's lovely to look back on, especially in the cold, short days of winter when the garden is fairly bare!
22/06/2010 at 10:22
What a lovely idea Linda. I was thinking of taking photos too, so I can see how the borders change and develop over the years. Already there are lots of things I'd like to change next year and a photo would be a very useful reminder of why!
23/06/2010 at 12:14
I'm doing something similar. We've just moved and have our first garden, so it's partly notes on which plants are which and what worked and didn't work. It'll be nice to look back on in years to come - I'm also taking lots of photos! I love these poppies too, so simple and beautiful.
10/02/2011 at 11:04
They are selling the seeds at Sainsbury's.
21/05/2011 at 15:18
Would someone tell what to do with my poppies once they have flowered and start to look tatty, i tried to cut them back last year in the hope of getting new flowers but nothing happened, the leaves have started to go brown underneath. i just wish they would last a bit longer than aweek or two,
28/11/2011 at 18:40
I just love iceland poppys and find them very hard to grow from seed any ideas
email image
11 messages