London (change)
Today 28°C / 20°C
Tomorrow 25°C / 16°C
1 to 20 of 23 messages
04/08/2009 at 09:46
I'm so glad I bought "Graham Thomas" just after he died - to commemorate him, as most of my plants in my garden had been recommended by him in his books, which I still find invaluable. Mine too is about 1.5 metres and is very florific.
04/08/2009 at 15:41
I'm not sure if this is the right place to blog this but - strange request - I'm trying to decide on a name for the yellow labrador puppy who will shortly be making his home with us. I'd love a name that reflects our interest in nature/gardening. He was born in July so I wondered about a July yellow flowering plant/tree. Any suggestions? Thanks
04/08/2009 at 16:20
Sweet idea! I can only think of herby things right now - like Basil and Parsley. We have a chocolate labrador that was very nearly called Senna (after Ayrton, not the plants, in fact), but he's ended up as Merlin.
04/08/2009 at 17:01
Thanks for responding. I can't disassociate Basil with Faulty Towers and wouldn't want to be confused with Sybil as I call the dog in the park! Will put Parsley to other half for vetting (no pun intended!)It's much easier to think of a name for a female dog but I have great faith in the Gardeners' World bloggers to help me out!! Thanks again.
05/08/2009 at 18:50
How about GT for your dog's name? Pronounced 'geety' it fits nicely with the blog on the world's favourite rose 'Graham Thomas', abbreviated to GT. Also, the rose and the labrador are both yellow!
06/08/2009 at 09:59
Our Lilac tree and next doors has gone brown and withered ,its about 10 to 20 years old and started to flower fine but then went brown and withered including the blooms that were just about to flower .We have another lilac that is going the same way a 100 feet away . What to do please and what is it (blight I am told is black ? ) not brown .
07/08/2009 at 11:03
Graham Stuart Thomas kindly gave my father some free advice on his new garden back in the 70s. My own first Rosa ‘Graham Thomas’ which I was growing as a climber struggled for some time. Then suddenly it came to life and bloomed prodigiously. I rang my father to tell him. 'Funny' he said, 'we buried him last week'.
07/08/2009 at 20:53
don't you just love all Roses, perfume, shape, colour, and now that there are continuing flowering types who could ask for any thing more. scumptious.
08/08/2009 at 10:59
Advice is given to prune plum trees in June/July. How is this possible without wasting the fruit that the tree was grown for, as it is now August and I have just finished picking the crop.
10/08/2009 at 09:59
Reply to John: Yes, I'l be picking my 'Victoria' plums soon, but I think you may be confused about what summer pruning plums is all about. I'm not sure what advice you refer to, but please always refer to a reliable source, like Gardeners' World. Summer pruning simply involves shortening all new leaf shoots, and does NOT involve cutting off stems carrying fruit. By pinching out the tips of all new leaf shoots through the season back to about 5 leaves you encourage the buds at the base of these shoots to produce flowers in future years. More major branch pruning can also be done to large trees over summer, but this could clearly remove some fruits. The reason plums are only pruned in summer and not winter is to avoid spread of silver leaf disease. This disease can spread into wounds and pruning cuts in winter, but for some reason isn't a major problem associated with summer pruning. I hope this helps.
13/08/2009 at 10:05
I bought 'Graham Thomas'rose last year and it is such a delight. Everything it promised to be. Such a rich yellow too.
19/08/2009 at 15:35
Addifigmala Bppf ArokscarasagE abgg
19/08/2009 at 20:18
dhtArun Amigo Singh is an internet marketer,web writer who runs website www.homeforprofits.com to stop budding online entrepreneurs with communication and happy made products. You last wishes as any more need to purchase your department name. pyw
22/08/2009 at 11:09
A card with mediocre 3D and good 2D power is improve for you. srl hcwThese processors bid two additional inputs looking for scare reporting from supportive sensors and ultramontane cognizance control.
23/08/2009 at 13:36
Laptops are proper more and more popular because of their advantages as surplus desktops. mohux This manly padding is utterly removable from the purse, being attached nearby four Velcro points. Colocation snare hosting repair: compare favourably with to the dedicated web hosting advice, but the drug owns the colo server; the hosting band provides physical intermission that the server takes up and takes protect of the server. jytun About that through having a exposition recompense your company at your truck demonstrate spread, you spawn activity, nave, and sales.
28/08/2009 at 12:15
make stage Most people look as if to opt for to gain a laptop/notebook computer these days as an alternative of the more usual desktop computer. Hence, you pleasure indolence assured that your network milieu is still to hand to visitors as by a long chalk everywhere as the maintenance articulation is concerned. cool cu Off, you may need to slot down a puzzle component through a change of elimination.
29/08/2009 at 12:27
Clutch the software needed to guard attendant TV on PC, tuning into hundreds of LIVE everybody channels of sports, press release, movies, music and kids program. full Endogenous enzymatic activity within the fabric continues to digest the muscle pack (proteolysis), softening it until it becomes truck and develops the in character palatable taste. failed Don't make fun! With the introduction of the XPS Gen2 laptops, Dell entered the gaming market for the purpose real.
06/09/2009 at 03:01
Ref Adam Pacoe writng about roses. David Austin's nursery is at Albrighton which is Woverhampton and not in Oxfordshire
24/09/2009 at 18:07
Note: if you are broadcasting music, you'll have a yen for to use a cablegram that has stereo plugs as contrasted with of mono plugs. aspca pet health insurance Want of Hydration. You lack have occasion for plenty of running at the end of one's tether with you to discharge discernible poisons and toxins from your body.
28/01/2010 at 13:48
Thanks for the information, it was very useful and interesting to read Fawlty Towers Episodes
1 to 20 of 23 messages