London (change)
Today 26°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
11 messages
21/09/2007 at 21:29
i SAW GARDENERS WORLD WITH MONTY DON THIS EVENING AND HE WAS TALKING ABOUT PLANTING GREEN MANURE. i WANT TO KNOW WHICH GREEN MANURE I PLANT FOR CABBAGES - MAYBE YOU CAN LET ME KNOW THANKS
22/09/2007 at 11:17
My neighbour has a lovely red flower/bulb in a pot but am unable to find out if it is the same as the one shown on the website. Any ideas?
22/09/2007 at 18:47
I too grew tigridia for the first time this year . My were a beautiful pink & red colour. They only lasted a day , but were well worth it
22/09/2007 at 19:20
This tigridia isn't anything like the ones I tried some years ago, which grew 3' tall, spindly and scraggy, each plant bearing about 4 tiny 1"-wide flowers of a most undistinguished muddy purple. I decided the pics I'd judged them from must have been very close-up close-ups, and taken through a coloured filter, as in so many catalogues, and chucked them out in disgust. If I could remember where I got them, I'd go back and demand a refund!
24/09/2007 at 20:34
Can anyone tell me if fuschia Paula Jane is hardy, in Scotland
30/09/2007 at 00:05
Awesome Post. My compliments to the author.
08/11/2007 at 17:48
Is Tigridia also known as the jockeys cap lily? I've grown them for the first time this year and they were stunning if only for a day, but worth it. Can anyone tell me should passion flowers ie constance elliott and lavender lady be cut back if they have not flowered? They are in a cold greenhouse will they be ok for winter?
29/11/2007 at 18:48
I have grown the tigridia pavonia bulbs for a few years now and i love their displays of cup shaped blooms. After a while they do last longer, as you get stalk after stalk with the flowers opening, true the flowers do only last a day, but i think that they are worth waiting for!
08/05/2008 at 20:05
I planted bulbs in pots, i have got lots of leaves but no flowers, do you think they will come into bloom?
28/09/2008 at 16:45
Oh Adam, how unlucky you were; I have bought and planted Tigridia bulbs here in my W Sussex heavy clay; I did make sure the planting holes were lined with good compost and manure and waited to see what happened. The first year's batch were excellent, the bulbs overwintered - I was ill and couldn't lift them - and this summer the flowers have been even more impressive. I agree about the fugitive flowers..a bit like day lilies, but my plants gave repeat flowering, and as I planted them in clumps, as a group there was always a flower to enjoy. I bought my bulbs via sellers on Ebay, so I was very lucky with the results. I think they add a wonderful exotic touch to a mixed border.
28/11/2011 at 18:29
this is lovely
email image
11 messages