London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
5 messages
24/11/2011 at 15:28
i live in a flat in london and only have windowsills. i have been desperate for ideas on how to grow vegetables, and which varities to grow. strawberries did well. this article has been very useful, but i was wondering if it would be possible to adapt the idea for a pot rather than a hanging basket? thanks !
23/03/2012 at 14:55
Can I replace the black eyed susan with nasturtiums, I would like to pickle their seeds
18/05/2012 at 22:10
Hi -
From experience,you can grow these anywhere, really - I have a garden with dogs, so nothing can be low level - I have had success with pots bags and baskets, up to and including beefsteak tomatoes and all my veg are in bags, pots or planters, with the same effect. If they are started inside and well established, they will grow happily in whatever you choose to grow them in. They are quite tough really! Hope this helps! Jules
18/05/2012 at 22:13
PS - try tumbling toms - in pots or baskets, they are great and low maintenance and produce masses of fruit!
15/05/2014 at 22:41
Great planting idea, but I love tomatoes with basil, so I'm going to give that a try. Pick and serve with mozarella!
email image
5 messages