London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
7 messages
07/11/2007 at 10:47
For Autumn colours, definitely go to Winkworth Arboretum in Surrey. It's a stunning vista of gold, red, orange and purple at the moment. Brilliant for photography on a sunny November afternoon.
10/11/2007 at 14:21
Thanks James for enjoying Autumn leaves, it has been a splendid time and I didnt expect it this year, so a double treat for me in Sheffield. We have marvellous displays of colour in fields, on roads, in gardens and because of the way Sheffield is shaped we get wonderful views of the surrounding areas. It is my favourite time of the year.
11/11/2007 at 18:19
Fantastic colour this year, the pond at Hillier Gardens in Hampshire was fantastic. I really want a scarlet leaf tree for Autumn for my garden. Anyone know what the reddest of red Acer variety is?
15/11/2007 at 13:12
I am enjoying the articles and photos on your web site. Along with the Magazine it cheers me.
19/11/2007 at 17:46
The reddest of red Acers is probably Acer palmatum Osakazuki - although it must get enough water (as must all Acers to stop them getting crispy edges to the leaves).
08/08/2008 at 15:19
I might be the neighbour with the walnut tree Adam refers to above. I was looking forward to harvesting the walnuts in October but the squirrels have knocked down the lot by the end of July! The tree is reasonably isolated, so does anyone know of something I can rap round the trunk to stop them climbing up?
28/11/2011 at 18:30
I've been waiting for someone to write about autumn colour! A drive through the mainly Beech part of the Frushga Gora (Serbia) on Saturday in brilliant sunshine was all golden yellow and dark trunks. And orchards of Cherry, Peach, Plum, Pear and Apricot all doing their stuff in pink, gold and tan! Lost for words.
email image
7 messages