London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
41 to 44 of 44 messages
04/07/2013 at 12:09

When I first started to read this post about vine weevils,  I was thinking 'Hmm, there's some great ideas here'. I've just got my box of Nemasys vine weevil nematodes and popped them in the fridge. It's nearly lunchtime and I was feeling peckish when I read Verdun and Fairygirl's posts -  - great! Now I just feel queasy. Bleugh! 

04/07/2013 at 17:05

Susan......no you didn't eat them did you?  

Someone I knew had a cat that died over a bank holiday.  She kept it in the freezer in a shoe box until the folowing Tuesday when the vet was to re open.  I've always refused her offers of a cuppa........

08/07/2013 at 09:14

Verdun!!  Nope, I certainly didn't!!  As for cats in freezers, you'd be surprised just what gets stored in large fridge storage facilities...when the morgues are full...need I say more?!

Just to be clear, the packaging says to keep in the fridge until opened for use. I won't be spreading nematodes on my toast!! 

22/01/2014 at 15:46
Why nematodes only in August/Sept.? I use them twice yearly and it has made all the difference to the plague of weevils in my garden. As long as temperatures are above 15 degrees C, they'll work. Plenty of fodder for them in my garden, hey ho :-)
email image
41 to 44 of 44 messages