London (change)
Today 20°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 14°C
4 messages
14/12/2012 at 14:48
So with you there, Pippa, as long as it is not too cold. Stretching my legs at the Brisol Bot. Garden on Thursday in between cleaning seed sessions my lungs actually hurt with the intensity of the cold as it was below freezing. But it looks like milder weather till Xmas now so brisk walks are the answer for restless limbs. Yes, even at 84 I need the fresh air and exercise apart from the stimulation nature always provides.
14/12/2012 at 16:48

do they charge to go in Bristol bot garden?I did visit the rainthatch that opens its garden once a year by leigh woods,that was interesting and the rose garden in Ashton court is much inproved and thats free to view.

14/12/2012 at 17:15

In the winter, the Bristol Univ. Botanic Garden is open to visitors, Monday to Friday but no Visitirs centre. but there is a box on the front gate for a voluntary contribution to the development of the garden or if you wish to buy any of the plants for sale at the gate.  There are always paid or volunteer gardeners there to answer any questions. IF you go to the website you will see opening hours and tours on Sundays by the curator, Nick Wray, during the winter.

15/12/2012 at 17:11
We went to the Edinburgh Botanic Garden in September. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too good it was raining quite hard and we didn't see all of the garden. What we did see was just beautiful though. I do want to go back and hopefully the weather will better. It is lovely to get out in to the garden this time of year, even if it is only for a while or until you can't feel your fingers and toes anymore.
email image
4 messages