Start a new thread

1 to 14 of 14 replies

I bought a deep violet iris reticulata last spring at Hodstock Priory and it is now in full flower in my rockery. What a beautiful site it is, especially after all the snow we had earlier in the month.
They just cheer me up when I see them. The yellow centres are definitely like the first rays of spring sun.
Thanks for the tip re planting them in gravel. That's where my spoils from the RHS show last week are going to go.
I have my mini irises as i call them in front of the kitchen window. near my bird feeders - a good start to the day! CAN we have a blog about natural water gardens or rather gardens working around natural water, i have a small lake a beck runs through it and the level rises and falls by approx 4/5 feet I have various water irises planted around it, what else other than grass buttercups nettles and brambles will survive?

I had a particularly fine specimen of Iris edward outside my office. The other day, as I watched, a decorator dropped a lump of old carpet from an upstairs window. Bet you can guess exactly where it landed!
I had a walk around the garden and saw a splash of purple , what a lovely surprise ,it dosen't take much to please
My Winter hanging baskets are beautiful.....pansies,tete-a-tete miniature daffodils and iris reticulata.
hai all I have a blog that provides a variety of music, western, indonesian, mandarin, malaysia, japan, india music, and island-bred and other music instruments rapt relaxed time to listen please download the free
my mini-iris are stunning - picked up last year at 50p a pot (out of date at the garden centre) I put them in a pot with my Hot Chocolate rose and some palest lavender violas and they are so delicate....hope I have enough to divide this year...
Can anyone tell me what the classical music was on last Fridays Gardeners World August 14th
How do i treat the iris's for winter? I cut the green parts off, which were turning yellow...did i kill them? Should i cover them with hay during the winter?