Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Talkback: Wintery weather

oldchippyoldchippy Posts: 244
Hi James 4th April and still snowing here in Ewell.

• AndréAndré Posts: 3

Spuds and onion sets are still waiting for soil to warm up

• Same here....I'm in the East Midlands. Today it's perishing cold and we've had a few snow flurries altho nothing has settled. I went out to the GH and brought lots of the seedlings back into the conservatory where it is warmer.  I have decided to just observe how the seedlings/plants are behaving and react accordingly image One thing tho...they're not particularly leggy and the leaves that are there are healthy...so they're getting enough light, it's just the temperature that's a problem. On Tuesday and Wednesday it was lovely with bright sunshine...out of the wind it was positively warm...today it's back to winter again...

• freezing cold here and trying to snow, when is it due to warm up?

• Flower birdFlower bird Posts: 284
    Today has felt really warm on the Wirral, actually feels springish, haven't had my heating on yet. Feel as if I want to go to Ness Gardens later in the week with it being so nice today. Checked the forecast for the coming week and the temps are slowing creeping up......please God the warmer weather is now on its way.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

This is spring for sure. We'll be OK now

In the sticks near Peterborough
    Yes it has that feel about it now doesn't it, fed up of being cold.
  • Beautiful here in Hampshire today - definitely the first day of spring for me. I feel so happy! imageimageimage

I feel like that today CL, it actually feels like spring is here.