London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 17°C
1 to 20 of 28 messages
03/06/2014 at 16:00

Thank you all so much for this beautiful flower arrangement.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/48041.jpg?width=544&height=350&mode=max

03/06/2014 at 16:29

Mike!! I've only just seen this thread. My goodness they made a good job didn't they.Roses,lilies and are they Delphs or Larkspur at the top? Well they are very similar aren't they? And what a lovely fireplace,I couldn't help noticing the photo.Is that who I think it is,if its ok to ask?

Take good care my friend.

03/06/2014 at 16:49

Fab - they look lovely.  I adore delphiniums and love them in a flower arrangement.  Thank you for sharing them with us xxx (and hugs of course!!)

03/06/2014 at 17:03

Glad to see they did a good job

Best wishes Mike and get well

03/06/2014 at 17:04

03/06/2014 at 17:39

They are lovely and hope you enjoy them, hope you are feeling well x

03/06/2014 at 19:06

Nice one, Mike.

03/06/2014 at 19:12

Glad they gave a little pleasure.  So glad you didn't break your neck running down the stairs that day

03/06/2014 at 20:34

The arrangement was made up of. Delphiniums/Larkspur.  Lilies.  White spray chysanths. Green chrysanths.  Mixed Roses.  Someone must have mentioned when ordering, that I love roses.  The chap who delivered them was interested.  Freesias.  Ferns etc.

Yes!  that is a photo of Val and I back in 1963.  I'pp pop it on here, plus a couple more, if no one objects.

03/06/2014 at 20:43

i'm sure everyone would love to see, I would

03/06/2014 at 21:33

I doubt very much you'd get any objections to that Mike,I for one would love to see some pics of you both.Mike - that's something nothing can take away from us,all the memories and the happy times.My Dad often tells me about 1963,more specifically the winter.He was/is a bricklayer and they couldn't work for 12 weeks because of the cold.No doubt you remember my friend 

Much love from the fishes.

03/06/2014 at 21:38

Yes, feel free to share a picture of Val with us, Mike.....I'm sure she would like to meet your new family.

With a bit of trickery, I can see her close-up in your bouquet pic......she's quite beautiful. 

03/06/2014 at 21:46

Glad your'e feeling better Mike.

03/06/2014 at 21:47

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/48085.jpg?width=240&height=350&mode=max

03/06/2014 at 21:53

Beautiful flowers and an even more beautiful picture of you and your lovely Val Mike, you look so in love and so happy, as Fishy said no-one can ever take that away from you  Thank you so much for sharing with us x

03/06/2014 at 21:56

Oh that's lovely Mike - dreamy eyed you both were.  Very romantic xxx

03/06/2014 at 22:02

Ooops only one came out.  That's the photo on the mantlepiece.  Round about 1965

I remember '63.  In London.  It started snowing and there was still snow in the West End in May.  My mode of transport then was.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/48087.jpg?width=310&height=350&mode=max

Bal
03/06/2014 at 22:06

What lovely flowers, and what a beautiful picture of you both. You both look dewy eyed              

03/06/2014 at 22:15

Lovely flowers (delphiniums are my favourite) - glad they made you smile

03/06/2014 at 23:07

Most know what my faith is.  I will not, unless invited to speak on that, introduce it to the forum.  However I feel it nice to relate the following.  Within our organisation, we held weekly Bible Study Groups at private homes.  This has sadly now ceased. In those days.  We became united as smaller groups within a much larger congregation and society. I remember well one study.  Most of our group consisted of sisters, women members.  The point arose concerning the various aspects of love. All of a sudden I had the floor. Right from the moment that I met Val.  It was love at first sight.  Neither of us ever throughout the years, laid low each other.  We each always looked for the positive things.  Truthfully.  In all our married and courting life.  We never had a row.  We didn't always agree, but Val respected the headship arrangement.  In all honesty.  Time and again Mike would cup Val's head in my hands and say.  Sorry sweetheart.  You were right.  Back to this particular Bible Study group.  The Biblical rendition of love can be found in Corinthians.  So, Mike speaks out.  Well without shame etc. Let's be honest. OK there is the Agapa love...love to all men etc. Then there is the erotic love.  For most, not only does the eye delight, but the body seems to take over.  Monumentuos thoughts and feelings take over. Then as time progresses. Let's be honest.  The sexual physical side gradually eases off. To me. The process continues.  In my honest opinion.  Now that the physical emotional side has passed. Yes you may have by this time a family. So?  what are your views regarding your perhaps beautiful fairylike princess.  She, and don't forget it.  You also have gained a few years, along with the stresses and strains of life.  Mike pipes up.  Think what you like.  As the years roll by.  I love my Valerie even more than that first day. Forget the changing bits and bobs of our bodies. It is the inner person that counts.  As far as I am concerned. Even when Val and I join the honourable order of crinklies. I will love her even more so.  Those happy childlike days, all those memories are ours.  Nothing, no one can ever take those away from us. The group were dumbfounded, then a round of applause.

On the drive home. Val said.  You silly big sod.  I love you so much. Thank you.

1 to 20 of 28 messages