London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 12°C
20 messages
03/06/2014 at 16:29

Mike!! I've only just seen this thread. My goodness they made a good job didn't they.Roses,lilies and are they Delphs or Larkspur at the top? Well they are very similar aren't they? And what a lovely fireplace,I couldn't help noticing the photo.Is that who I think it is,if its ok to ask?

Take good care my friend.

03/06/2014 at 16:49

Fab - they look lovely.  I adore delphiniums and love them in a flower arrangement.  Thank you for sharing them with us xxx (and hugs of course!!)

03/06/2014 at 17:03

Glad to see they did a good job

Best wishes Mike and get well

03/06/2014 at 17:04

03/06/2014 at 17:39

They are lovely and hope you enjoy them, hope you are feeling well x

03/06/2014 at 19:06

Nice one, Mike.

03/06/2014 at 19:12

Glad they gave a little pleasure.  So glad you didn't break your neck running down the stairs that day

03/06/2014 at 20:43

i'm sure everyone would love to see, I would

03/06/2014 at 21:33

I doubt very much you'd get any objections to that Mike,I for one would love to see some pics of you both.Mike - that's something nothing can take away from us,all the memories and the happy times.My Dad often tells me about 1963,more specifically the winter.He was/is a bricklayer and they couldn't work for 12 weeks because of the cold.No doubt you remember my friend 

Much love from the fishes.

03/06/2014 at 21:38

Yes, feel free to share a picture of Val with us, Mike.....I'm sure she would like to meet your new family.

With a bit of trickery, I can see her close-up in your bouquet pic......she's quite beautiful. 

03/06/2014 at 21:46

Glad your'e feeling better Mike.

03/06/2014 at 21:53

Beautiful flowers and an even more beautiful picture of you and your lovely Val Mike, you look so in love and so happy, as Fishy said no-one can ever take that away from you  Thank you so much for sharing with us x

03/06/2014 at 21:56

Oh that's lovely Mike - dreamy eyed you both were.  Very romantic xxx

Bal
03/06/2014 at 22:06

What lovely flowers, and what a beautiful picture of you both. You both look dewy eyed              

03/06/2014 at 22:15

Lovely flowers (delphiniums are my favourite) - glad they made you smile

03/06/2014 at 23:21

Aw Mike, that is lovely  I am not now overly religious, although I was the only one in our family to get confirmed (my dad came begrudgingly to watch the service!), but I always remember Corinthians as being the book of love basically, not so much biblical as explaining the meaning of love.....that's probably where my bible knowledge ends, well apart from the book of Genesis of course 

I used to have the "love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast" quote written on one of my school folders.....my English one I think!! I suppose it should have been Shakespeare really. I also had a Jane  Austin quote on there, but can't remember it and William Blake quotes 

04/06/2014 at 08:47

That's a lovely picture Mike and the saying 'a picture speaks a thousand words' comes to mind.It also reminds me of one of my favourite quotes by Martin Luther King - 'In the end,we will remember not the words of our enemies,but the silence of our friends'. Though in this case,your dear wife.She's a beautiful lady and you look so happy together.

Edd
05/06/2014 at 00:23

Fantastic photo mike. I understand your love.

No fault to anyone but do you think anyone should be missed out from your life at this moment in time. You must feel like the soil is melting from under your feet, and that, even if it firms up again in time, it’s never going to be as solid as it once was. You must find it hard to understand that you are more than the patient version of yourself. You are stronger than that.

Try and keep your life on a normal track until you’re forced to change it, if need be.. Do not let cancer change your life. 

You know that i am a blunt as a breeze block and this is as new to me as it is to you. But we are here for you when and if you need. 

Kind Regards.

Edd.

P.S. So let me get this right.  I can just go to a shop and have my kid removed, when ever he is being naughty. I thought i had to go through the council or social services for that? You make it sound so easy.LOL!

05/06/2014 at 08:31

Mike, yep....you sure do have lots of listening friends here. Don't worry about posting how you feel

We have all commented on the forum about things not connected to gardening.....it's become that sort of forum and it's all the better for it.

Loss of loved ones is devastating.  ESP when that loss is of the younger ones.  Not sure time does heal........however, a faith must help Mike 

05/06/2014 at 15:35

Mike - you can just see the years fall away in this photo and both yours and Val's expressions remain very much as they were in 1965. As Verdun says so well,this is more than a forum about just gardening.

I remember from my days in the building game,we were restoring an old cottage for a lovely couple.It was 1984 and I was 19 at the time.One half of that couple said that life was short (I think she was about 40) and I remember thinking 'no its not,it goes on forever'. 40 seemed ancient but now I've passed that landmark by 8 years,time has taught me that yes,life IS very short.Too short to hold back on what we want to say,I think that's the point I'm trying to get across.

Keep safe and keep posting mate 

email image
20 messages