London (change)
Today 26°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 19°C
1 to 20 of 25 messages
19/01/2014 at 20:36
I have been on this site/forum for two (or is it three?) days and have already learnt so much I can't believe it, so just wanted to say thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome and for all the great tips I have had already. I am noting them all down!!
19/01/2014 at 20:41

Making notes is a good idea. I've been given info here and thought I'd be able to find it again when needed. I can never remember what the threads were called and I can't find them. 

19/01/2014 at 20:50

I agree Tracey5. I've only been  on this forum a few weeks but have gained so much useful tips/advice too. 

19/01/2014 at 20:55
Nutcutlet, my sister bought me a garden notes book for my birthday so have started writing down everything I plant (I started in November) and now I am using the notes section for all the useful tops form here....loving my garden from indoors at the moment!!
19/01/2014 at 21:05

My OH's daughter bought me a garden note book Christmas 2012, and I write down what I plant and when and also make notes when I am watching or listening to gardening programmes.  I too have only been on this forum for a few weeks and really enjoy the exchange of information and ideas.

19/01/2014 at 21:07

I write down lots of things but never what I need.

Somewhere I made a map of which of the snowdrops is planted where. Can I find it?

19/01/2014 at 21:11

I'm guessing the answers no to that one nut 

Im with you though Tracey, everyone's so lovely on here and are happy to help with anything. I joined around last year and have been on and off, but nothing changes, it's still the same down to earth people on here 

19/01/2014 at 21:25

You are so right Tracy,I'm new here myself and find that the people are thoughtful and helpful and caring.I'm here to stay.

Bill

19/01/2014 at 22:38

19/01/2014 at 22:50

I  do write some things down, useful tips or plants I want to buy or sometimes when people talk about flowers/plants i'm not so familiar with I google them and then bookmark the site. That way i've got the name of the plant and the pic to remind me what it looks like. When i've bought it I bookmark the info of caring for the plant. Maybe i'll get myself a gardening note book and write some down.

Feel we are all great 'friends' on here, not just for gardening tips, but cheering us along when we need it. Many thanks everyone 

KEF
20/01/2014 at 09:19

Snap

My gardening note book is A4 sized. However, like Nut, I'm waiting to see where I planted some things.

20/01/2014 at 09:27
I'm going to do a plan of my garden and try to identify everything that is growing so that I know all the names, might take me all year as I don't know any names hardly!!
20/01/2014 at 09:48

Isn't this lovely  - coffee anyone? 

I've got several notebooks - this year's resolution .... combine them into one logical version and remember where I've put it 

20/01/2014 at 09:49
I've had two already Dove, on tea now.....I really need to stop coming on here now and get my work done, the drawbacks of working from home when it is lovely and sunny outside!!!!
20/01/2014 at 09:51
Do you not have a bookshelf Dove with all your gardening books on, that would be a logical place I would think LOL.
20/01/2014 at 09:53

I always put things in 'a safe' place Dove, trouble is its so safe, I can't find it!! Lol

20/01/2014 at 10:02

I have a huge cooking and gardening bookcase Tracey - it is stuffed full of cookery books (top half) and gardening books, notebooks, magazines, and printouts (bottom half).  It has a tin with plant labels in it and another tin with secateurs and snips in it (it's by the back door) it has drawers in the bottom with packets of seeds in it (and my camera) and on the top of it are tins with partially used packs of seeds in them, fibre and root-grow tubes and some nest boxes for which we have not yet found an appropriate site (need more shrub and climber cover - this is a new garden).

The notebooks are in the bookcase ....................... somewhere 

20/01/2014 at 10:04

This site is as you've said fantastic - are you finding yourself getting carried away yet? My first few weeks on here I had so many plans I'm not sure I've space for them all!!

I must get myself a note book - it sounds like really clever thing to do.

20/01/2014 at 10:16

Notebook is a good idea Clarington. One notebook at a time is very good.

One in the shed, one in the GH, one in the bedroom, one in the bookcase and one in the office is less good. I still can't find the 'where I put the snowdrops' map 

20/01/2014 at 10:17

A place for everything - and everything in its place- then Dove 

Oooh that reminds me of another thread  

Tracey, if i worked from home, i don't think i'd be a good girl and get much 'work' done  

1 to 20 of 25 messages