Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
161 to 180 of 235 messages
10/06/2013 at 11:36

Love all the stories!

15/06/2013 at 17:19

Resurrecting again for any newcomers. 

17/06/2013 at 12:13

Hubby was sawing off numerous low hanging branches of fir Tree.  The kids disposed of the branches at the end of our garden which slopes downwards(steeply).  I in my great wisdom decided to push them further down the slope and out of sight.  I ended up head downwards in the middle of the branches.  I couldn't get myself out and ended up shouting for someone to come with a long pole to help me out.  The kids stood there laughing for quite a while before they decided to help me.  They still bring it up and laugh. 

17/06/2013 at 13:19

Sounds about normal Shahnaz.  Aren't we Mum's always the butt of the jokes.  Bet it was getting near to meal time!!

17/06/2013 at 13:33

@Tina - ooohh now I understand why they rescued me!.   It was near to meal time.  LOL

17/06/2013 at 13:36

I have learnt a few things about gradening over the years.  One of them being to lock the cat up before planting..... thats if you don't want the cat leaving pressies in the newly dug holes!!!!

17/06/2013 at 21:39

It's a pity cat manure's not as good as horse manure 

Mine decided tonight that my onions could do with their tops bending over. Well that's what I told myself when I saw her sunbathing on them

KEF
20/06/2013 at 08:22

Bump

20/06/2013 at 11:07

More disgusting this one, I hope there's no one eating.

Digging up some dandilions in our new house a few years ago, went quite deep and saw a bin bag.

Pulled it up, but pulled so hard, and it was heavier than I thought.  I over balanced and fell into the flower bed (I'm very tall!) which was pretty low down, banged my head on the concrete bit of a fence panel and was out of it for a few mins.

Woke up with a terrible smell in my nostrils, turned to the side and I could see a decomposing and very sweaty cats paw protruding out, and my nose was actually touching it.

I obviously forgot all the advice on head injuries and got up pretty quickly

Next door told me that 2 years before the previous people had buried their old cat, and they saw them putting it in the ground in a bin bag, which had presevered everythign!  urgh.

I was fine after, but had to sort the cat out and bury it properly, which was awful.

My grandma, who's Kenyan, kept going on abotu cat spirits!  Argh!

20/06/2013 at 11:19

Oh Mozza how awful . Why an earth bury something in a binbag which would not decompose? Poor you

20/06/2013 at 12:43

That's sick Mozza.   How awful for you to discover that.  Just shows that some people shouldn't have pets. 

20/06/2013 at 13:34

Hi Tina, 

I don't think they buried it alive,I'm sure it had died.  They probably thought that was  the best way to bury things.

Thank god they don't run a graveyard huh!  

20/06/2013 at 13:38

No, Mozza, I didn't mean to imply the cat had been buried alive. Just thinking how respectful my daughter was with her two dogs. They were family. People are weird at times aren't they.

20/06/2013 at 13:42

Yes you're right, I had just moved over to England with my job, from Kenya  and it did make me wonder about the place !

20/06/2013 at 16:21

Friends of mine buried their old dog in the garden, in her favourite spot, a sunny patch by the  fence. Some months later they were sitting in the garden having tea when their new dog comes trotting round the corner of the house with an object in it's mouth, which it was reluctant to give up. The ensuing chase revealed excavations in a sunny patch by the fence and the 'object' to be a paw.  

20/06/2013 at 18:34

In my early gardening years, I decided a small tree would be nice just adjacent to the conservatory. I went to a renowned garden centre several miles away to make sure  I got the right thing. The label said small tree , slow grower to about 14 ft. I thought perfect, a White Poplar ! I thought poplars were great big things, but there it was in black and white - 14ft. About three years later, when it got to about 25 ft, I decided to look it up in the RHS Encyclopaedia. There it was - grows to over 100 ft. Out with the axe !!!

20/06/2013 at 19:05

I did some research and found it was possible to plant  sugar snap peas in a grow bag.  I planted about 10 plants in one and set up a net for them to grow up.  Imagine my embarrassment when my father-in-law asked why I had planted 10 red cabbages in a grow bag I'd got my labels muddled, I hadn't grown peas before and didn't recognise the seedlings.  In hindsight, I had grown sweet peas and  really should have figured it out! 

20/06/2013 at 19:32
Elizabeth Winstanley wrote (see)

Friends of mine buried their old dog in the garden, in her favourite spot, a sunny patch by the  fence. Some months later they were sitting in the garden having tea when their new dog comes trotting round the corner of the house with an object in it's mouth, which it was reluctant to give up. The ensuing chase revealed excavations in a sunny patch by the fence and the 'object' to be a paw.  

Oh gosh! Yuk. 

KEF
20/06/2013 at 20:36
Mozza3 wrote (see)
Elizabeth Winstanley wrote (see)

Oh gosh! Yuk. 

EW, you didn't do anything daft, but I think you and Mozza3 both deserve an honourable mention..must admit I laughed, but I'm not right

20/06/2013 at 20:45

KEF 

161 to 180 of 235 messages