Today 8°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
81 to 100 of 202 messages
28/02/2014 at 18:25

http://www.peternyssen.com  one the good guys for me 

bulbs, corms, tubers etc

KEF
28/03/2014 at 12:12

Thought I'd bump this up as people seem to be in a buying mood, or is that just me?  

28/03/2014 at 13:07

Caths Garden Plants....excellent...can be added to my earlier comments about the good guys.  

Recently purchased from another supplier.  Will add here if goods arrive satisfactorily. Signs so far are good.

07/04/2014 at 14:16

On Thursday evening I ordered 8 packets if seeds from Premier Seeds Direct (via EBay), 99p each and free P&P, they have arrived today and I am really impressed with the service.  The only point to note for newbies like me is that there were no sowing/growing instructions as the packets are plain, but that's not too much of a problem as I have learned lots from on here and have googled the rest! So I will definitely be using Premier Seeds again and would recommend them.

Also on Thursday night, I ordered  a Geum (Totally Tangerine) and a climbing rose (Iceberg) from Crocus, they too have arrived today, really well packaged and excellent quality.  Again, I am really impressed and would definitely use them again and recommend them   

07/04/2014 at 14:58

Just received some good quality Hostas from www.huttonhostas.com

12/04/2014 at 08:44

Taylors Clematis have been superb Great plants, great packing, lovely personal service ..... Will never buy a clematis from a GC again

14/04/2014 at 15:36

Another good guy to add.  Ordered Imperata red baron last autumn and one plant was  damaged in transit.  I informed Jacksons Nurseries at the time but added I hoped I would "resurrect" it.  Well it didn't recover.  Informed Jacksons and they are sending me 3 replacement places complete with apologies and friendliness.  

Have had plants before from them and always excellent service and,  whisper it, low prices 

I now have a a list of good suppliers of various plants  from whom I can order with utmost confidence 

17/04/2014 at 08:52

Another good guy - Pine Cottage Plants in Devon - beautiful (huge) agapanthus arrived yesterday, as promised, and they even threw in a little baby one in a pot for good measure, which was a lovely surprise

24/04/2014 at 08:25

how about next plants , I think they come from crocus

24/04/2014 at 13:12

...please be aware, one of the websites quoted on this thread...www.directplants.co.uk is still vulnerable to Heartbleed... according to Norton Internet Security...

...I have checked out most of the others listed and they are reporting as all o.k... but this one does not, currently....

Lyn
24/04/2014 at 18:50

I bought 2 bare root shrubs/trees from Parkers sale in spring 2012, (i actually bought loads more, only ever buy the sale stuff)

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/43370.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/43371.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

Already they are both 5ft tall. An Amelanchier and an acer

25/04/2014 at 22:20

have any of you had issues with hollyhocks from Parker Plants they sent me some and two were just heaps of rotting mass I had to photograph them and after two months and many emails I got a reply from them to say sorry I was disappointed with them after another break I did get replacements  the sad fact now is that others are starting to rot down and their reply was they are dying back as if im not capable of seeing a rotting mass in front of me ..they said if I send them back at my expense they will after inspection give me a refund...call this good service beggars belief ...anyone else had issues with them  

28/04/2014 at 15:13

I've bought from Scotplants direct good value wonderful customer service, the worst customer service is Ideal world I bought countless trees and plants some of the bare rooted trees failed to come into leave or plants damaged they will not replace them it's called perishable goods and no refunds be aware of them

28/04/2014 at 17:36

i too use premier seeds direct ..premier service every time  

28/04/2014 at 17:39

I got my blueberries from Scotplant  the 10 selection another great seller ....lovely plants and very good price too

28/04/2014 at 20:08

J Parkers just go from bad to worse 3 people are just passing the buck and simply messing me around I will name them here in due course they sent me Rotting plants I sent a photo back to them waited eons for a reply and well its just got too bad for words The service is abysmal and that's being polite I can tell you one says is it the hollyhocks you are waiting for when its blatantly obvious if she reads the full emails the next one says a full refund is on its way and the other says you need to send them back I despair with them all Looks like a blast down the phone is needed  

Edd
28/04/2014 at 21:21

Show the pics on here and tell them you have done it. It make them jump.

28/04/2014 at 22:27

I've been through a similar experience.  I warned that I would name n shame if they didn't supply as ordered.   Plants came very quickly.  

Terryrat, email or phone saying you will publish exactly what happens on this forum.  Not too angry......be composed.

29/04/2014 at 19:57

Reads nursery get my vote. Great advice, quick delivery and good fruit trees.

29/04/2014 at 20:23

the latest news...

Thank you for your recent email, we have requested a cheque refund on the 25/04/14 for the total of £6.99 for the Hollyhocks..... I await with bated breath   Regards  
81 to 100 of 202 messages