4 messages
14/05/2013 at 10:11

I am new to living in the Cheshire Countryside and am excited to be part of the village Garden Trail....are there other villages out there that do this too?  

Tilston sits around 12 miles from Chester on the North Wales border and on the 8th and 9th June twelve homeowners 'open' their gardens for visitors to have a look around.  I have been amazed at the time, effort, enthusiasm and pure dedication over the last 6 months people have had in preparation and the overall excitement around the June weekend.  Over one thousand people are set to descend on our village and congregate at the village hall which is open all day for coffees and food.

Perhaps I have lived in an urban bubble in London for the previous 15 years but I am intrigued to know if our trail is unique, a diminshing part of history or a regular part of village life?  The small charge to visit all the gardens goes to the Parish....

So interested to hear what others do...

14/05/2013 at 12:17

Whittington near Oswestry does something similar similar, but cannot remember when.

Burton, on the Wirral also has one coming up soon.

14/05/2013 at 12:23

my great grandfather and famiiys from horton green close by. 

05/06/2013 at 13:49

Both Kingsley and Kelsall have garden trails at approximately three year intervals.

email image
4 messages