London (change)
Today 26°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
241 to 260 of 280 messages
13/07/2013 at 21:23

Sounds brilliant pentillie.  You dont  say if it was from your own allotment that you picked all that stuff?  Lol

13/07/2013 at 21:29

What a great thread ! I'm happy drinking coffee in my garden and smelling the mock orange waft about in the occasional breeze. I'm also happy to have found this thread.

13/07/2013 at 21:46

I've picked loads of veg today, most of it's still young and tender.

Every so pleased with the courgettes, green one's being picked, the yellow one's have just started to grow and I'm hoping the plant not yet showing anything are either round courgettes or squash lost the labels long ago      

Spent the best part of the afternoon on a sun lounger, in the shade, reading.

13/07/2013 at 21:48

Feel so happy just because the sunshine is so good for the garden

29/08/2013 at 17:35

Today I feel so happy because ... there are loads of people on the forum with great suggestions, advice and a sense of humour. Thanks all.

29/08/2013 at 21:33

Mrs Garden. Thank you for starting this thread up again. I feel happy because the front of my house is looking great

30/08/2013 at 09:14

Hello again. I'm happy because we've had a good summer after all (even though I will have a huge water bill!), the garden has done pretty well, all my 4 children and 6 grandchildren came to stay this summer and we are off to Venice next week.

30/08/2013 at 11:31

i am very happy as my new path is underway.. i may even post piccies if i get to take some.. and then with it comes some new big borders oooow goody.. more plants.. cant wait..

30/08/2013 at 11:37

I, too, am a very happy gardener.  What a glorious summer we have had, lots of sun and a little rain to keep us ticking over.  The garden is looking beautiful - even my 10 yr old neice who visited yesterday commented on the garden looking very colourful.  I grew lots of cosmos this year and have been very pleased with them, they just keep on flowering and the bees love them. 

30/08/2013 at 21:21

I'm pleased, there's been blooming flowers in the garden since crocus came up in February...that doesn't sound quite right  

I've over planted mega style this year in a new flower bed, without realising how much room some plants would need or the height they would reach, you live and learn...nothing ventured nothing gained...Zoomer makes a mental note to read all the information on seed packets next year...and not just buy seeds because she likes the picture on the front......it's all good fun...one happy gardener  .

17/10/2013 at 16:07

Faith in human nature is restored! Went to my local farm, Lacey's at Studley Green in the Chilterns, where they have an award-winning herd of Guernsey cattle. I went to their farm shop, lovely old flintstone dairy building, and bought some home-made chocolate ice-cream ( Guernsey milk and Guernsey cream), and some full-cream milk. The shop also had cream, honey, jams and new-laid eggs - all produced on the farm, which is quite a large operation.

The reason for this post is that the shop is unmanned, and you simply write what you take in a big ledger, and put the appropriate money through a postbox in the wall ( there is also a big bowl full of small change should you need it!)

The stock must be worth a few hundred pounds, and I could have taken anything. I just love the fact that, in this gorgeous setting, the owners are happy to trust us all to do the right thing. Well done, all at the Farm!

17/10/2013 at 16:13

sounds like a nice place with nice people 

KEF
17/10/2013 at 18:46

Certainly restores your faith in humanity, especially after today's news headlines about greed and vile actions.

The homemade Chocolate ice cream sounds divine

17/10/2013 at 19:08

I'm so happy today for two reasons-

firstly I got absolutely loads done today. I even worked through my break and lunch time .

Secondly my daughter is giving me money for some new dresses since I've lost weight .

17/10/2013 at 19:16

Ice cream wasn't cheap KEF, but, oooooooooh the taste - just the best I've had 

Can't believe I've not bothered to go there before!

PG - my wife is getting clothes from daughter as She lost weight ( but hopefully she will get them back soon  )

17/10/2013 at 19:18

Good to see this thread back in action......sounds like a great place Pentille and well done potty gardener.

I'm happy because the weather has been beautiful, loads of flowers still going  and my new temporary greenhouse/square polytunnel is still up and getting close to watertight(ish)

17/10/2013 at 20:55

Feeling happy today too.  Nice associations.  Agree this is a very pleasant thread

17/10/2013 at 22:57

That farm sounds idyllic, but I bet a lot of hard work goes into it. I'm glad you're still with us Pentillie, someone asked about you recently and I remembered you as the one who started this lovely thread.

Well done for the weight loss pg. That sounds strange, I think of you as Bev.

It was a lovely day today, planted up 5 troughs and a pot this afternoon.

18/10/2013 at 22:14

Done no gardening what so every, but I'm happy that one of my cats who has been awol for the last 48 hours has come home

18/10/2013 at 22:27

I'm happy today because it's the weekend- now would like somenice weather so I can get outside

241 to 260 of 280 messages