London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
101 to 120 of 280 messages
27/04/2013 at 08:21

Sitting here looking at the sunlight through the windows makes me happy. What a difference a change in the light makes! I first became really aware of this when I regularly made a half hour drive along the M4 and some country lanes to work. Because of the direction of the drive, I drove frequently into glorious sunrises and sunsets. (Good thing my eyes are strong!) In the early mornings after rain, mist rose from the fields like smoke, beautiful and eery in the sunlight. Winter hedges that looked dismal and dank in cloudy weather lit up with beauty when the sun came out.  For the first time, I undertood what artists meant when they wrote that they lived and painted in certain areas like Cornwall because of the quality of the light.

KEF
27/04/2013 at 09:15

GG I so agree, even grotty places look so much better in sunlight. I'm always amazed at how I can read seed packets outside in the sunshine, without my glasses. I know I should have my sunspecs on but just love having my eyes of "old". Great to sit and read a book, if I can stop myself seeing things that need attention and going off to do them. I might as well live in my gardening clothes. I won't mention the state of my fingernails. Glad you enjoyed your day out. I'm going to have to learn how to post pics on here, I attempted to change my aviator but couldn't find how to do it unless I linked with Facebook, bit of numpty with the computer.

Hope everyone has a good day.

KEF
27/04/2013 at 09:34

Oops...avatar ! said I was a numpty. I've sussed how to post a picture, but can't do the AVATAR..perhaps as well. Time to go & do, rain due 12 - 3pm if we believe the forecast.

27/04/2013 at 09:49

KEF..

Your posts made me laugh!

Washing out and fed Mr/Mrs robin who were in looking for their grub 

Off to GC-will try and only buy what I'm going for...

KEF
28/04/2013 at 10:12
hollie hock wrote (see)

I'm very happy that everything is growing, blue skies and lovely spring flowers.

GG, did you get to the Botanical gardens? Went there last year and had a lovely day out.

KEF, if it's chilly and raining then I generally dont go out

Sorry HH missed your comment. Doesn't inspire you when it's cold & wet does it? Hoping for a better day today, it hailstoned at 3pm yesterday !

KEF
28/04/2013 at 10:18
Fairygirl wrote (see)

KEF..

Your posts made me laugh!

Washing out and fed Mr/Mrs robin who were in looking for their grub 

Off to GC-will try and only buy what I'm going for...

Hope you didn't spend up...do tell...what did you buy?

KEF
28/04/2013 at 10:23

Curry failed! Trying a roast dinner instead. Joking aside we got some jobs done, but it was cold and not very enjoyable.

Sun has put in an appearance so I'd better get off here and make the most of it.   Hope you all enjoy whatever you do today.

28/04/2013 at 10:28

Sorry just saw your post KEF. I was quite good-bought some tall pots for my two carex  evergolds and a couple of terracotta pans and only one plant..another pasque flower! Quite proud of myself !

Did get the lawn food that I was going for and put it on so it's getting watered in well today..

28/04/2013 at 10:54

I'm happy today because there was a mild frost last night -1° and I'd just put lots of plants in the cold frames to harden off, but I hadn't put the lids on as the forecast said no frost. I was so worried - but everything is fine even the tomatoes and dahlias. Phew! What a relief!

28/04/2013 at 10:55

I'm feeling happy cos weather, friends and family are good

In fact I feel so happy I'm going to have a banana.

28/04/2013 at 11:32

I'm happy because the sun is out and so much colour is sprinning into life in gardens

28/04/2013 at 11:35

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/22753.jpg?width=240&height=180&mode=max

For you, Verdun. I'll have an apple. 

28/04/2013 at 11:47

Brilliant FloBear.   That has made me smile even more

Have nice day

28/04/2013 at 20:40

Yes very good FloBear. Made me smile as well

KEF
29/04/2013 at 07:42

Yes, also made me smile FloBear..very arty 

KEF
29/04/2013 at 08:03

Fairygirl such restraint at GC, well done. I wasn't familiar with pasque flowers so have had a look at them, lovely flowers.

I'm happy as I now have a well clean patio, everything comes to she who waits!

Sun & showers at minute, best do some indoor jobs today, long overdue..but on the other hand I need to keep popping out and checking my lillies which are in pots. Caught 2 of the little devils, lily beetles yesterday. After last years attacks I'm ready for chemical warfare if needed. Best not grind them to dust on the patio! Well not just yet.

Hope everyone has a happy day.

29/04/2013 at 08:07

Flo I just saw your post from yesterday...glad you arranged the fruit that way.....

KEF they are a pain, the lily beetles, but at least they're easy to spot!

Pop out and get some pasque flowers for a pot on your nice clean patio and you can sit in the sun and admire them!

29/04/2013 at 10:17

I'm happy because.......It's another beautiful day to sit out and enjoy the garden and get on with a few little jobs out there.

04/05/2013 at 10:37

Been a lovely few days, and now off to Cornwall for another short break .

If you are in Cornwall on Monday, and anywhere near Saltash (or Plymouth), try to visit Pentillie Castle, high above the Tamar. It's their Open Day, and the views are spectacular. The gardens are a work in progress, but still pretty good - well worth a trip to the Tamar Valley, a much-overlooked corner of Kernow!

P.s - I don't have shares in the place - just born there!

04/05/2013 at 14:58

I'm happy that we've had some lovely weather and I've been able to enjoy being in the garden. And this morning I saw a songthrush in the garden and am very glad to know they are about

Have a lovely break Pentillie.

101 to 120 of 280 messages