London (change)
Today 25°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
141 to 160 of 280 messages
16/05/2013 at 21:20

I am happy that the sun came out today and I spent most of the day pootling in the garden

Hollie - part time is good, retirement great!

16/05/2013 at 21:47

Definition of "pootling"...pottering about from job to job without a plan and just doing what you feel like doing, rather than doing those jobs that are shouting to be done.

Do you agree or have you a better definition?

17/05/2013 at 07:03

I did not have time to read all the emailes about being happy.....but...just looking looking quickly at the photos and happymarions happy face...made me feel happy too,and.I am off to the greenhouse to sow more french beans and other seeds to put in when I have room,accompanied by Rosie coco and Boris,and I have got beautifull double petunias coming out in by baskets in the greenhouse,and, everything is lovely spring green...ad then I have to make a bakewell,as I have promised my daughter....Yes,I feel happy.especially after seeing everyone else is too...xxx...

17/05/2013 at 07:48

Beautiful blue sky,the sun is smiling and so am I.

17/05/2013 at 09:47

Today I feel so happy because... someone is coming to do electrics so my water feature will work

17/05/2013 at 19:55

I'm calling it my early semi retirement Flo but early full time retirement sounds better

I have to ask Ann who are Rosie coco and Boris?

I'm happy because it's Friday and the garden looks lovely

17/05/2013 at 22:43

I am happy because I finally got around to planting my favourite tree, an acer griseum which has been in a large pot for years, in my garden. It has a nice central position and looks very fine, enhancing the overall design. why on earth did I not have this idea before?

18/05/2013 at 19:20

Today I feel happy because I am with my Mum and have seen my daughter and sisters. Have also got a beautiful new Fuchsia. Will post pics when I get home tomorrow

18/05/2013 at 19:46

Today I,m happy because we have blue tits nesting in our new bird house.

18/05/2013 at 22:18

Am happy; just got back from brilliant concert in King's Lynn, Rachmaninov with v. good pianist.

19/05/2013 at 22:48

I am happy (again) because I found 6 (YES SIX!!) tree peonie seedlings which i have potted up, to give away to friends.

19/05/2013 at 23:37

Woodgreen, what joy, tree peonies can take up to 2 years to germinate, well done!

20/05/2013 at 08:57

Lucky friends Woodgreen

20/05/2013 at 09:15

Artjak...but how long before I see flowers. by the way these are chance seedlings at the base of my plant...not much skill on my part except a policy of benign neglect

20/05/2013 at 10:51

What's this - can we use it to secure our young tree plants to their stakes? Trouble is - it's so ugly! 

20/05/2013 at 10:55

WW, I reckon about 4-5  years to the first flower. Sometimes a bit longer. They seem to do not a lot for a couple of years then take off. I've never had one come up in the garden though. Or if it did it got weeded out with thestinging nettles.

20/05/2013 at 10:58

Hollie, early semi-retirement was the last three years of work for me and it was great, I think everyone should have that opportunity

Woodgreen - your definition is spot on, clearly you have pootled youself

Gilly, bluetits nesting  I'm always happy when I have 'birds of my own'. My blackbirds' second brood has just flown the nest; unfortunately they got up a lot earlier than I did and I missed it.

20/05/2013 at 19:54

Thank you wise ol' Nut. I knew I could rely on you for my answer. Your weeding regime must be more energetic than mine too. Brains and brawn!!

KEF
20/05/2013 at 20:12

Woodgreen. Hope you have as many happy years looking at your Acer Griseum as my Mum has hers. Wasn't supposed to grow very big but everything does at M's. So maybe ten feet plus, about 15yrs old I think, maybe more.  Beautiful tree her fav'.

I love her Prunus Serrula..now that is a big tree but wonderful. I don't have room for trees..but a trip up the road and I can see all I need.

20/05/2013 at 20:28

Thanks KEF. Griseums are fairly slow growers altho' now it has escaped it's pot who knows how much frustration and pent-up energy will be released? At least it has a good distance to it's neighbour which is.... wait for it.... a Prunus Serrula!!  It's a small world. Did you know that the Serrula is sometimes called the Sheraton tree because of it's polished bark? I stroke mine all the time... but not my Griseum which would complain bitterly. Nothing sadder than a smooth griseum.

141 to 160 of 280 messages